Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   So i was bored... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/so-i-bored-64911/)

gunfreak101 05-21-2012 08:46 PM

So i was bored...
 
3 Attachment(s)
Decided to mess with one of my guns.

Before

Attachment 46436

After

Attachment 46437



Attachment 46438

mountainman13 05-21-2012 08:54 PM

Looks good. Nice job

kytowboater 05-21-2012 08:58 PM

Looks nice all polished up.

Bear304inc 05-21-2012 09:09 PM

Looks nice but would like to see it in same position as the before pic to see real comparison, also having never taken the coating off any of mine, are you worried about less corrosion protection?

gunfreak101 05-21-2012 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc
Looks nice but would like to see it in same position as the before pic to see real comparison, also having never taken the coating off any of mine, are you worried about less corrosion protection?

Never really bothered taking pics of it in the same position but here are some I took a while ago

Attachment 46442

From the research I have been doing apparently there is a chemical in the metal that keeps it from corroding. As long as you keep polishing it here and there or light oil over it, it should be good. So I guess my answer to that is no, not worried at all.

gunfreak101 05-21-2012 09:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I should have taken before pics, but oh we'll to late now. Here are some more pics.

Attachment 46445



Attachment 46446



Attachment 46447

I left the side fins black and also the top.

Bear304inc 05-22-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunfreak101
I should have taken before pics, but oh we'll to late now. Here are some more pics.

I left the side fins black and also the top.

Pics didnt come through, and the way I clean and oil mine I guess it wouldnt be a problem either. Sometimes they don't really need it but just enjoy doing it.

Bear304inc 05-22-2012 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc

Pics didnt come through, and the way I clean and oil mine I guess it wouldnt be a problem either. Sometimes they don't really need it but just enjoy doing it.

Pics did come through, looks really good.

Bob Wright 05-22-2012 02:56 AM

Now, if you could have done something about that frame.............


And added some nice walnut grips.:):):):)


Bob Wright

gunfreak101 05-22-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Wright
Now, if you could have done something about that frame.............

And added some nice walnut grips.:):):):)

Bob Wright

That would be sweet!!!

I'm trying to find a way to modify the frame.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.