Snake gun??? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Snake gun???

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 05:14 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gonzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,952
Liked 335 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Default Man's Best Friend

I would like to think I am always available - anytime, anywhere, to help a guy find a rationalization to buy a new gun.

While the derringer if far from perfect, it does one thing only North American Arms can do, fit in a lure compartment or box w/o taking up all the room in your tackle box or making it too heavy. Make sure you buy nickel or SS as it must be able to withstand the elements.

Please feel free to use the above rationalizations w your wife. No charge, us sportsman have to stick together. Women are far more devious than we give them credit for. Why men innately band together, safety in numbers...
Gonzilla is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #82
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Default

We have both rattlers and copperheads here. The rattlers are not a big problem but the copperheads like to come out on our gravel road at night for the warmth of the rocks. I have shot 42 so far this spring. Used to use my 38 spl with shot shell but those rounds are now over $1.25 each, do I got a Heritage Rough Rider 22 and use rat shot. Those rounds are 17 cents each. One shot to the head does it.
jperry1466 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gilmer,texas
Posts: 1,019
Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Default

We've had a lot of copper heads around here also. I've been taking them back to the edge of the woods & turning them loose. I think they've finally learned that they have their part of the property & I have mine. It's been a long time since finding one in the yard. Last one was coming across the driveway toward my garage, but when I came out of the house he stopped, raised his head, then did a u-turn & hooked 'em!
gollygee is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bearrwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 599
Liked 53 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla
I would like to think I am always available - anytime, anywhere, to help a guy find a rationalization to buy a new gun.

While the derringer if far from perfect, it does one thing only North American Arms can do, fit in a lure compartment or box w/o taking up all the room in your tackle box or making it too heavy. Make sure you buy nickel or SS as it must be able to withstand the elements.

Please feel free to use the above rationalizations w your wife. No charge, us sportsman have to stick together. Women are far more devious than we give them credit for. Why men innately band together, safety in numbers...
But my friend you missed the fact that if your gun takes up a significant amount of tackle box space you can use that to rationalize that you also will need a new Tackle Box! Lol
__________________
Keep up with the trends, avoid the fads, take your time and do work you can be proud of always
bearrwe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #85
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: cincinnati,Ohio
Posts: 187
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

The rat shot rifle/pistols are good close but it sperds faster then a smooth bore.
shootitout is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #86
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,630
Liked 328 Times on 263 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Snakes have no arms, therefore they've no use for guns.
__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernielink
Hi Friends, Been thinking of getting a gun to take in my tackle box for rattlesnakes when fishing, they're pretty bad in SE New Mexico. Thinking about a 410: super comanche, maybe a derringer (hard to hold on to with a 410 round?) or maybe just get shot shells for my Armscor 38 sp. Don't want to spend a lot of money to throw it in the bottom of my tackle box. I need ideas from you pros. Thanks, Bernie
Hey bernie yes these last few yrs have been bad here in our wild west town but i carry a judge, 410 works like a charm on our lil diamondback friends. I feel like a fishin trip to elephant butte is needed pm me if u feel up for that
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Hey bernie yes these last few yrs have been bad here in our wild west town but i carry a judge, 410 works like a charm on our lil diamondback friends. I feel like a fishin trip to elephant butte is needed pm me if u feel up for that
Hey speaking of fishing you still gonna come out a.d go w me Mad Mike?
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernielink
Hi Friends, Been thinking of getting a gun to take in my tackle box for rattlesnakes when fishing, they're pretty bad in SE New Mexico. Thinking about a 410: super comanche, maybe a derringer (hard to hold on to with a 410 round?) or maybe just get shot shells for my Armscor 38 sp. Don't want to spend a lot of money to throw it in the bottom of my tackle box. I need ideas from you pros. Thanks, Bernie
The boat is ready by the way
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #90
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,193
Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman

Hey speaking of fishing you still gonna come out a.d go w me Mad Mike?
Yep im game then back to roswell get every one in line again
Muliemaster is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
WV Snake Handling Pastor Dead Of Snake Bite alsaqr The Club House 6 05-31-2012 03:50 PM
Anybody know this snake? gunguy1997 The Club House 40 05-20-2012 05:31 AM
Snake gun shootinfool General Handgun Discussion 11 08-05-2011 10:29 PM
Snake ID cpttango30 The Club House 12 09-14-2010 07:29 PM
To Snake or Rod? Wheelspin General Rifle Discussion 18 01-21-2010 10:01 AM



Newest Threads