Smallest caliber you trust? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Smallest caliber you trust?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #161
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1972 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 939

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
my point is, a 25 is better than nothing. do i believe there are better choices than a 25? absolutely! without a doubt. but in a SD situation, very up close and personal, at say less than 3 feet away, a BG with 6-7 rounds of 25, might be lees inclined to doing further damage to you. simply put, which would you rather have, a 25 auto or nothing?
I agree and said the same thing!!!
BUT if you have a choice to carry 'something' why chose to carry something which is more apt to get you killed than save your life if you are FORCED to defend yourself????????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #162

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau

I will volunteer to do that if I am allowed to defend my self with my 'little' 9mm. As you will not be able to get you 'full magazine' unloaded before I nullify the treat!
And even if you did unload your full mag I would be able to put two or three full mags in you before your rounds would even begin to slow me down.
And because I deal in probability (reality) rather than possibility's I can safely say I would 'survive' this encounter and you would not.
THIS IS THE POINT WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ACROSS!!!!
Sorry to say and don't mean to attack you. But! Those sound like the words of an idiot. Volunteering to get shot. There are no guarantees in this world. There is a chance the other guy draws first and one shot kills even with a 25. And you might not be as good as you think you are. You might be wringing piss out of you pants after the first shot is fired.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #163

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol

Sorry to say and don't mean to attack you. But! Those sound like the words of an idiot. Volunteering to get shot. There are no guarantees in this world. There is a chance the other guy draws first and one shot kills even with a 25. And you might not be as good as you think you are. You might be wringing piss out of you pants after the first shot is fired.
Yup-----------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #164

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Not to say it's a good idea, but if you have kids, you'll place yourself in the line of fire on purpose to protect your kids. I would, no regrets
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #165

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slog

Not to say it's a good idea, but if you have kids, you'll place yourself in the line of fire on purpose to protect your kids. I would, no regrets
At least you think you would, hope you never have to find out.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 AM   #166
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
You did not attack me!
We are having a discussion and I simply countered a point here, nothing more, nothing less.
And I will not be 'pissing my pants' when I am shot at or even if I am hit. I have been shot at A LOT and hit a few times (with shrapnel) and I never even came close to pissen my britches!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!

Last edited by JimRau; 11-05-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #167

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a honest question have ANY of you 25 supporters ever even shot one, or did any testing to see what sort of damage it MAY do? bacause if you have you would definatly not be posting on here supporting it, while its true any gun is better than none at all, and most 25s are small and very concealable, so are the 22s and a 22 loaded with a good hot rd would be a much better defensive weapon, so I guess if you have had one given to you great, and if you like it, good for you, but if you buy one bad on you, you would be better off with a 22

Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #168

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
I have a honest question have ANY of you 25 supporters ever even shot one, or did any testing to see what sort of damage it MAY do? bacause if you have you would definatly not be posting on here supporting it, while its true any gun is better than none at all, and most 25s are small and very concealable, so are the 22s and a 22 loaded with a good hot rd would be a much better defensive weapon, so I guess if you have had one given to you great, and if you like it, good for you, but if you buy one bad on you, you would be better off with a 22
Wow you're anal about the entire subject
Nobody is really supporting the 25-
Most are just saying its better than nothing & will do the job if used correctly-
And of course laughing at at least one of the statements you made--Like you honestly think its better to throw a 25 at a BG than shoot him with it
You really think anyone will take you seriously spouting crap like that?

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Last edited by HOSSFLY; 11-05-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 PM   #169

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 6

In hot weather, I carry 2 380's, one in my hip pocket and 1 in my boot in an ankle holster. I also carry 2 extra mags in an ankle carry on weak side, total of 26 rounds. I have 38's and 357's but they don't carry or conceal as easily so they're house and car guns. I feel adequately protected, as I've been carrying some type of pistol for over 40 years with never a problem, thank God. However, if need be, I think a "triple tap" would work well in most any encounter I might face. I try my best to stay away from potential trouble. But, I do practice regularly and stay ready.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #170
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I just got my December issue of 'Guns&Ammo' and their cover story is the comparison of the 380 size 9mm's!!!
There is no reason for anyone to be under gunned, unless you just can't afford to buy a gun!