Smallest caliber you trust? - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Smallest caliber you trust?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 05:18 AM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

A .25 could kill anybody.........tomorrow.

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 AM   #152
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTactical View Post
A .25 could kill anybody.........tomorrow.
thing is, people have been shot multiple times with 9mm, .40 and 45 and lived, and some have been killed with a single round of 22lr. so IMO, 6 or 7 shots of 25 auto in the gut is probably much better than nothing.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #153

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i feel this way about the 25 auto. funny thing is, those who feel the 25 isn't a viable SD option and wouldn't trust it, don't seem to be volunteering to take a magazine full of rounds to the body! Hmmmmm..........

are there better choices than the 25 auto? yes there is! but park that little auto in the BG's breadbasket and unload it and more than likely he probably wants to stop being a BG!
I wouldnt volunteer to be shot with a bb gun either but i wouldn't rely on one to save my life. But let me also add, im being a little hypocritical because i carry my .25 when nothing else i have is consealable.

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #154

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Ok so at 54 years old I can learn new things. If a am ever attacked by a BG with a phone book or a couch cushion I better not pull my 25. I should just leave it in my pocket and take my beating. Oh wait if he doesn't have a thin door with that cushion I might try it.
Dont forget the glove

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #155
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

A few decades ago there was an article in the Indianapolis News and a mention on TV about somebody using a .25 to shoot somebody who was across the street. One shot, and it hit him in the head. He was dead when the cops arrived.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #156

Liked 208 Times on 156 Posts

There are so many variables out there. A nervous punk could be stopped with the sight of a toy gun, or sound of a blank firing pistol. Now understand I would never ever recommend carrying ether. And a hard core thug hopped up on dope could keep coming after several hits from a 45.

And shot placement is the key, but 95% the time it's going to be a lucky shot. I say this because I don't care how good you are at the range. How good you are at hunting. How mean you think you are. How prepared you think you are. How tuff you make yourself out to be on this keyboard. Until it actually happens you do not have a clue how it will play out. Some will do fine even though they will be scared $hitless. Some may even forget they have a gun and run like hell. Some may shoot their self in the leg (story glock fans). Hopefully most will never have to find out.

So if it's a 25 or a 45 have in with you and being ready to use it is the main thing. The gun slingers of old didn't win because they were faster and better shots alone. They didn't hesitate about taking a life and wasn't afraid of losing theirs. They got better father they survived their first time.

There are a lot of stories floating around, sorry if I don't believe them all. Heck I don't believe half of what's on the nightly news.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #157
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2003 Times on 1186 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i feel this way about the 25 auto. funny thing is, those who feel the 25 isn't a viable SD option and wouldn't trust it, don't seem to be volunteering to take a magazine full of rounds to the body! Hmmmmm..........

are there better choices than the 25 auto? yes there is! but park that little auto in the BG's breadbasket and unload it and more than likely he probably wants to stop being a BG!
I will volunteer to do that if I am allowed to defend my self with my 'little' 9mm. As you will not be able to get you 'full magazine' unloaded before I nullify the treat!
And even if you did unload your full mag I would be able to put two or three full mags in you before your rounds would even begin to slow me down.
And because I deal in probability (reality) rather than possibility's I can safely say I would 'survive' this encounter and you would not.
THIS IS THE POINT WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET ACROSS!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #158
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
I will volunteer to do that if I am allowed to defend my self with my 'little' 9mm. As you will not be able to get you 'full magazine' unloaded before I nullify the treat!
And even if you did unload your full mag I would be able to put two or three full mags in you before your rounds would even begin to slow me down.
And because I deal in probability (reality) rather than possibility's I can safely say I would 'survive' this encounter and you would not.
Are we witnessing a duel in the making?

Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #159

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I have begun considering aquisition of my CCW and caliber is one of the biggest thing I have thought about. When it comes down to it I have arrived at the idea that the 9mm is also my "sweet spot" as it was said earlier. The cost of the sub calibers is generally comparable and often higher and the selection and availability of 9mm is rarly surpassed. .40 and .45 both have similar options but at a higher cost and with the sizes and form factors we are seeing in the 9mm mousers I can't help but think that's the way to go.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #160
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
my point is, a 25 is better than nothing. do i believe there are better choices than a 25? absolutely! without a doubt. but in a SD situation, very up close and personal, at say less than 3 feet away, a BG with 6-7 rounds of 25, might be lees inclined to doing further damage to you. simply put, which would you rather have, a 25 auto or nothing?