Smallest caliber you trust? - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Smallest caliber you trust?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The discussions on caliber here have been pretty much inconclusive, but one thing has been proven quite well: Everybody has his/her own opinion based upon their own experience. And the freedom to banter about it, So carry whatever fits your own needs, but carry SOME kinda gun. If you don't, the BG's will win.
Doesn't matter what caliber they're using if they're shooting like this:

This would be someone in my neighborhood for sure. Someone robbed a bank in wellington not long ago using this technique. Check out the surveillance images. Not sure what the idea is holding it like this. Gives you an opportunity to either run or pull your gun, because they ain't hitting anything worthwhile.

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012/10/24/gunman-robs-wellington-credit-union/

Old 11-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #142
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1274 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Maybe he saw Antonio Banderas do that in a movie and thought it looked "cool".

Old 11-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #143

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I hade a .25 accidently discharge in my home (not my fault) and the bullet penatrated my thin hollow poor excuse for a bedroom door and got stuck in the zipper of a couch cushion righ outside that door. It barely made it a centimeter into the cushion. Made me strongly doubt any potential for that gun protecting me against anything.

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #144

The infamous magic trick known as "the bullet catch", not magic, they just use a .25 and a glove.

There is a reason the first and second amendment are the first and second, they are necessary to protect the rest.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:42 PM   #145

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTactical View Post
The infamous magic trick known as "the bullet catch", not magic, they just use a .25 and a glove.
Must be a helluva glove--

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #146

Liked 216 Times on 162 Posts

Ok so at 54 years old I can learn new things. If a am ever attacked by a BG with a phone book or a couch cushion I better not pull my 25. I should just leave it in my pocket and take my beating. Oh wait if he doesn't have a thin door with that cushion I might try it.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:08 AM   #147
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2014 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
The discussions on caliber here have been pretty much inconclusive, but one thing has been proven quite well: Everybody has his/her own opinion based upon their own experience. And the freedom to banter about it, So carry whatever fits your own needs, but carry SOME kinda gun. If you don't, the BG's will win.
Very true
But I hate to see good people make bad choices.
Those of us who spent the vast portion of our lives (50+ years) in the 'gun' business try to give the best advise we can, but it is up to those we advise to use this advise wisely.
I have done my job by giving you all the best advise I can, use it as you please.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:55 AM   #148

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Ok so at 54 years old I can learn new things. If a am ever attacked by a BG with a phone book or a couch cushion I better not pull my 25. I should just leave it in my pocket and take my beating. Oh wait if he doesn't have a thin door with that cushion I might try it.
I think it was the MythBusters who built the phone book armor. I can't even remember how it turned out, but I remember from my days of phone book destruction even the smaller calibers would go through. It made me mad because I was purposefully trying to recover one of the rounds and they just kept punching straight through the entire book.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #149

Dont get me wrong id definatly agree to say you should carry and use your .25 as apposed to not carrying. I was just sharing my experience and disappointment in a gun that made me feel secure at times, and how that situation hindered that feeling of security.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #150
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTactical View Post
Dont get me wrong id definatly agree to say you should carry and use your .25 as apposed to not carrying. I was just sharing my experience and disappointment in a gun that made me feel secure at times, and how that situation hindered that feeling of security.
i feel this way about the 25 auto. funny thing is, those who feel the 25 isn't a viable SD option and wouldn't trust it, don't seem to be volunteering to take a magazine full of rounds to the body! Hmmmmm..........

are there better choices than the 25 auto? yes there is! but park that little auto in the BG's breadbasket and unload it and more than likely he probably wants to stop being a BG!