Smallest caliber you trust? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Smallest caliber you trust?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
.38 Hornady Critical Defense hollow points. And then I'd place at least two.
[/COLOR]
Been unable to find critical defense lately other than new old stock. Looks like they replaced it with that Zombie Max (essentially the same thing) and tacked on a few bucks for the "zombie" title.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1210 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I carry a 9 mm but have been looking at the Sig P238 which as a .380 is somewhat less powerful, but is smaller to carry. As far as a 22, I don't want to get shot with one. No matter what size, it has the capability of some serious hurt or death.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #103

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
To all those with carry permits allowing you to carry whatever weapon you wish, and you choose to carry a 25, have at it, however i hope you never have to defend yourself with it
You could do worse. They make a racket, due to the short barrel,

and hide so well they are usually a surprise to the BG.

Sure, I prefer a 9mm or .45, but a couple rounds of .25

can do some damage.

I wouldn't stand in front of one, would you?

Old 11-01-2012, 01:08 PM   #104

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
You could do worse. They make a racket, due to the short barrel,

and hide so well they are usually a surprise to the BG.

Sure, I prefer a 9mm or .45, but a couple rounds of .25

can do some damage.

I wouldn't stand in front of one, would you?
Quote:
Rocketgeezer--- however I honestly think you may be better off throwing the gun inself at a BG if you had a 25,
Hey Wolf, be sure that 25 is a heavy one

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #105

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer
...however I honestly think you may be better off throwing the gun inself at a BG if you had a 25
Unless you possess the super human feat of being able to throw a handgun from 5 or 6 yards away at 900 feet per second, I would recommend using all the .25 rounds loaded available to you before trying that.

If you can somehow accurately throw an irregular shaped, non-aerodynamic framed gun at someone head from the average gunfight distance of 20 feet, you mine as well just carry a throwing knife or hatchet ;P

Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #106

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

A couple were at our local range a few months ago the had already taken the permit courses and had been carrying for a while, they had good guns, two Glocks she had a 19 and he carryed a 23, both good choices, but then they wanted something small to hide easyer, he got a 22 Beretta, and she got a 25 Jennings, anyways at there first range session with the peashooters hers jammed while she was trying to unjam it she shot herself in the hand, apearantly her hand was over the muzzle, the wound was in the upper part of the palm, and the rd did not go completly through her hand, almost you could see a little dent on the top of her hand where the bullit stopped, she did have on a thin pair of gloves, those tight fitting ones like women ware, she was not hurt bad a clinic took out the bullit, gave he gave her some antibiotics, she was back at the range the next weekend, ............as has been said any gun is better than no gun.....but with a 25ACP pistol, i'm really not so sure

Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #107

Quote:
A couple were at our local range a few months ago the had already taken the permit courses and had been carrying for a while, they had good guns, two Glocks she had a 19 and he carryed a 23, both good choices, but then they wanted something small to hide easyer, he got a 22 Beretta, and she got a 25 Jennings, anyways at there first range session with the peashooters hers jammed while she was trying to unjam it she shot herself in the hand, apearantly her hand was over the muzzle, the wound was in the upper part of the palm, and the rd did not go completly through her hand, almost you could see a little dent on the top of her hand where the bullit stopped, she did have on a thin pair of gloves, those tight fitting ones like women ware, she was not hurt bad a clinic took out the bullit, gave he gave her some antibiotics, she was back at the range the next weekend, ............as has been said any gun is better than no gun.....but with a 25ACP pistol, i'm really not so sure
And of course you witnessed this --

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 11-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Quote:
You need to attend a few autopsies.

Winston Churchill

Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #109

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer
A couple were at our local range a few months ago the had already taken the permit courses and had been carrying for a while... she got a 25 Jennings, anyways at there first range session with the peashooters hers jammed

..as has been said any gun is better than no gun.....but with a 25ACP pistol, i'm really not so sure
That's not the fault of the .25 caliber, its the fact she chose a Jennings for her carry. While I don't have a problem with a Saturday Night Special as a rarely used gun in the truck or boat for an emergency, I would never rely on one as your daily carry.

I personally own a .25 Bauer from the 70's, basically an American-made copy of the Baby Browning. While I admit I obsessively perform routine maintenance of my guns more than most people would ever bother with, FWIW it has never jammed or given me issues.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatoriNoir View Post
Quote:
That's not the fault of the .25 caliber, its the fact she chose a Jennings for her carry.
While I don't have a problem with a Saturday Night Special as a rarely used gun in the truck or boat for an emergency, I would never rely on one as your daily carry.
Not the point---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET