SKYY vs. SCCY 9mm handgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > SKYY vs. SCCY 9mm handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default SKYY vs. SCCY 9mm handgun

Hi - New to the forum and glad to be here. I didn't see SKYY or SCCY under any specific semi-auto section, so I figured I would ask a question here if that is ok?

I have a SKYY 9mm handgun. I have no problems with it, but the company has changed it's name to SCCY due to a patent issue using the name SKYY which is also a brand of vodka. The company has offered to take my 2 year old SKYY handgun and replace it free with a second generation SCCY 9mm handgun. I don't know what I should do - Any advice? Anybody know much about this brand.

Thanks!!

Joe

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

I think they had problems with the first gen guns blowing up.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman1952 View Post
Hi - New to the forum and glad to be here. I didn't see SKYY or SCCY under any specific semi-auto section, so I figured I would ask a question here if that is ok?

I have a SKYY 9mm handgun. I have no problems with it, but the company has changed it's name to SCCY due to a patent issue using the name SKYY which is also a brand of vodka. The company has offered to take my 2 year old SKYY handgun and replace it free with a second generation SCCY 9mm handgun. I don't know what I should do - Any advice? Anybody know much about this brand.

Thanks!!

Joe
is the second generation better than the first? if so, then IMO, it's a no-brainer.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
is the second generation better than the first? if so, then IMO, it's a no-brainer.
I think the 1st generation as I have tends to misfire at times. The 2nd generation is a big upgrade to this and other issues and I tend to agree it is a no brainer. I thought maybe because of the patent issue they want all these guns back as they may be worth something one day - But I think being safe and comfortable with your firearm is of more importance - Thanks for the input from both of you
Joe

Old 07-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #5

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman1952

I think the 1st generation as I have tends to misfire at times. The 2nd generation is a big upgrade to this and other issues and I tend to agree it is a no brainer. I thought maybe because of the patent issue they want all these guns back as they may be worth something one day - But I think being safe and comfortable with your firearm is of more importance - Thanks for the input from both of you
Joe
I have the 2nd Gen and have not had a single issue with it. If you have the money, I'd keep the 1st Gen as a collector's piece and buy the 2nd Gen as your carry piece. Mine is very reliable and eats everything I feed it. The light weight and 11 round capacity are absolutely perfect for CCW.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post
I have the 2nd Gen and have not had a single issue with it. If you have the money, I'd keep the 1st Gen as a collector's piece and buy the 2nd Gen as your carry piece. Mine is very reliable and eats everything I feed it. The light weight and 11 round capacity are absolutely perfect for CCW.

Thanks jarhead - I don't have the money to keep that older one - but I think you have given me the push to take advantage of having the 2nd generation at no charge to me...

Old 07-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #7

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman1952

Thanks jarhead - I don't have the money to keep that older one - but I think you have given me the push to take advantage of having the 2nd generation at no charge to me...
Yes sir! SCCY's customer service and lifetime warranty are top notch! Take advantage of it! I think you'll be satisfied with the 2nd Gen. Have yet to have a problem with mine. Good luck with yours! Let us know how your new addition does for you!
Old 07-21-2013, 01:36 AM   #8

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

You all might find this video interesting:

http://youtu.be/sPVrRkHnpwM

Old 07-21-2013, 03:45 AM   #9
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3147 Times on 2139 Posts
Likes Given: 678

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw
You all might find this video interesting:

Video Link: http://youtu.be/sPVrRkHnpwM
Only reinforces the reason why i want one!!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #10

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0881 View Post

I agree with this comment.If I remember correctly they had major issues with the first gen however if yours is properly working I believe they are inexpensive enough that you should just put you're original one in the safe for somewhere down the road and buy you're self the new gen.