sigma - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > sigma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have a .40 GVE. It's my daily carry. If you master shooting a Sigma you won't have any problem with any other auto.(I say that loveingly) There is a sub-forum an the S&W forum that have a lot of dedicated Sigma users. You might check it out. Lifetime warranty, rebate, S&W pays the freight if you have a legitimate problem, and lo cost. Who could ask for anything more.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:53 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just got the S&W SD-9 & Sd-40 in stock for this gunshow& the trigger is very nice, right out of the box. The gun is very similar to the Sigma, though. The SD also has a front tritium sight, looked like the same 16rd mag in 9mm & 14rd one in .40 . Cost was about $60 higher & looks well worth it.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:19 PM   #23

i had one in 40cal hard trigger but if you go to you tube type in sigma striker there is a video on how to change it out to a glock spring .lightened mine up alot as for the gun i put a disclaimer on it that if he sells it i want first crack at it .my old 40 liked 180 gr ammo probably put 2k of reloads thru it never jammed and grouped well after i found the powder/bullet combo for it .
if you cant find the rebate on smiths site goto a gun store that sells smith gun they are on every counter around here although they did change the rebate when i got mine it was 2 clips and 50 bucks back.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #24
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Well as the owner of "The World's Greatest Sigma™", I did look into getting an SD9 which was priced at $369. I then realized my Sigma was weeping that I would try to replace her with the next pretty little thing that showed up, so I will be keeping "The World's Greatest Sigma™".

Remember, Plexico Burris wasn't carrying a Sigma.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Fired 65-70 rounds through a friend's new SD 40 yesterday and was really impressed. The trigger was slightly creepy, but nothing that a few hundred rounds and some oil wouldn't cure. That's the only negative thing I could find with it. It's thin for a double-stack, a natural pointer, and accurate. The balance is rear-heavy even empty, but muzzle-flip and recoil weren't an issue. No slop or slack whatsoever, mags locked up crisply, and slide release and mag release worked smooth as silk. At $500.00, it is worth the tab, barring any logevity issues that may crop up.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 12-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I own one of the first of the series, the 9V. Compact, not too heavy, easy to operate as well as clean. The trigger pull is looooonnnngggggg and stiff. I compensate by using only the pad of my trigger finger and squeezing straight to the rear. You will normally be surprised by the round going off.

Not the best pistol I've ever owned, but not the worst either.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:04 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Fired 65-70 rounds through a friend's new SD 40 yesterday and was really impressed. The trigger was slightly creepy, but nothing that a few hundred rounds and some oil wouldn't cure. That's the only negative thing I could find with it. It's thin for a double-stack, a natural pointer, and accurate. The balance is rear-heavy even empty, but muzzle-flip and recoil weren't an issue. No slop or slack whatsoever, mags locked up crisply, and slide release and mag release worked smooth as silk. At $500.00, it is worth the tab, barring any logevity issues that may crop up.
Damn Dude for $500 your friend coulda almost bought a New M&P 40 in my shop. Tell him to quit wasting money wherever he shops at

Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
At $500.00, it is worth the tab, barring any logevity issues that may crop up.
My local guy has the SD's for $369, I almost bought one last month.

Just realized already mentioned, guess it could bear repeating.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:34 AM   #29

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
My local guy has the SD's for $369, I almost bought one last month.

Just realized already mentioned, guess it could bear repeating.
See, My distributor screwed me on the first one I bought, I think I paid around $360 for it! Second one I got went down $35.00 or so.
I think the original Sigma is a bit of a lesser gun than the SD Series, I'm glad S&W finally got a little better offering. I really like the extra couple/few rounds this platform gives too, but then I always did favor the ol' Spray & Pray.

Last edited by billdeserthills; 12-26-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Just Can't Shut-Up

Old 12-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1245 Times on 609 Posts
Likes Given: 75

They seem to be pretty big sellers at the Orlando gun shows. Price level and the seemingly continuous $50 rebate may have something to do with it. Most of the gun shops at the show seem to have them and move them. Hey they are affordable and will go bang when you pull the trigger. As a house or truck gun, or range shooter they are okay. I don't have one, but a friend does, and I have shot it more then a few times. No feeding problems, no misfires. It is an okay gun.