Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sig slide locking back...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Sig slide locking back...

I went out and put 200 downrange today, and I had about 10 or 12 failures. The slide was locking back mid-magazine. It's a sig, so I think mechanical problems are unlikely. It seemed like it always happened after the 5th round, but on at least 3 of 4 mags.
WTF is going on here? Weak mag springs?

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2290 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

What kind of ammo was being used, new or reloads? I have found that if I have my thumb positioned incorrectly on a couple of my 1911a1's, the slide will lock when firing. Try to load 5 rounds, and please check your thumb position after each shot.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 06-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #3

Default x2

x2 on thumb position. This is very common for thumbs forward shooters and Sigs. Takes a little practice but your thumbs should eventually find a spot that doesn't interfere with the slide lock.

Try shooting a couple of magazines strong hand only, see if the slide locks back then. Make sure to keep your thumb away from the slide lock, this should give you a clue whether it is your thumbs or a mechanical issue.