Sig Sauer SP2022 or FNP-9?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sig Sauer SP2022 or FNP-9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig Sauer SP2022 or FNP-9?

Hi guys! I wouldn't say that I'm new here I've always just floated around like a ghost in this forum just reading up on things here and there. But come next weekend I will be leaving my local gun shop with my first gun purchase. So here is the deal. I'm stuck between the SP2022 and the FNP-9 I was hoping to get some input from users who own one or both and was hoping to get a clearer answer as to which one to purchase. A friend of mine told me not to get the Sig saying that there is a problem with the finish. I've never really heard of the finish being a "huge" problem that my friend made it out to be. That being said finishes wear off from use eventually anyways correct? Now I don't really need the basic stuff like specifications and what have you it's more of a which would you recommend type of thing so I'll finish up this short story so you guys can hopefully enlighten me. Thanks in advance everyone!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2011, 01:18 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I own a SP2022 and it is an awesome pistol for the price. Mine is a .40 cal and due to it being super light, the felt recoil is a bit more than my .40 cal XDm. That said, I believe it offers great value and probably one of the most under rated (sub-$400) pistol around right now. I would buy it again...especially if I am in the market for a 9mm (and in a budget).

Cannot comment about FNP-9 but read a lot of rave reviews on it as well.

Good luck with your choice!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Swing by the intro page and tell us a bit about yourself, you will more responses that way.

I've never shot SP2022 but if they are like other Sigs it is a quality pistol. I know they discontinued the model then read somewhere they are bringing it back. As for the FNP-9, I have shot it and preforms well, I have an FNP-40, CC it for over a year before going a different direction. FNH make a fine firearm as does Sig. Best to get your hands on both and put some ammo down range, that will tell you what one is best for you. They are truly close in price & quality, the only thing left is fit and that is somthing only you can decide.

Good luck...let us know what you decide...and don't forget to go introduce yourself to the rest of the community.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:27 AM   #4

Hopefully you'll be able to figure out what you wanted. Feel free to let us know which one you choose!

Last edited by kenko214; 05-16-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #5

Can't comment on the Sig, but my dad's got an FNX (FNP with a few little updates) in .40 and it's a great gun. I'd say you can't go wrong with an FN

Ruger Mark II 50th Anniversary .22lr
Sears & Roebuck .22lr
1943 Mosin-Nagant M91/30

In the family:
Springfield Loaded 1911 .45 ACP
S&W Model 29 .44 Magnum
FN Herstal FNX 40

Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #6

There doesn't seem to a large amour of owners of either gun. I hope some more owners out there will be able to give me a heads up before this weekend arrives.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have an FNX-9 and it is a sweet shooting gun. Ergonomically I like it a lot. Personally I would pick it over a Sig 2022, but not over a P226.
The FN is very accurate.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum, fellow Georgian!

My experience with these pistols is limited to holding them at the gun store where I used to work, and hearing other peoples testimony.

Personally, I like the grip of the FN much better than the Sig. The Sig grip just doesn't feel right to me, but that's just me.. it may feel fine to you.

As far as quality and reliability are concerned, I think either gun would be a good choice. I've never heard a complaint about either of them.

Hold them both and see which one feels best in your hand.

Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default sig sp2022

I bought one about 2-3 months ago. LOVE it. It shoots where you point it; trigger pull is easy; 9mm cheap. i also have a beretta fs92 (made in italy) and the sig is more accurate, has less recoil, and feels better over all.

my 2 cents worth.

jeff

Old 05-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I have the Sig in 9mm. Great gun, good trigger, and makes you look like a very good shooter. Great range gun. If you have small hands you may want to try one first. I am glad I bought one a few years ago. If you lived closer to Peachtree city you could try mine out.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"