Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Sig P250 Questions. Please help (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/sig-p250-questions-please-help-69621/)

jabroome 08-04-2012 07:57 PM

Sig P250 Questions. Please help

Will the Sig P250 (new style) Shoot any ammo with out problems or is it a picky? Been trying to find as much info about this pistol as I can but having a hard time finding good info. So if anyone owns one or knows anything about it will you please share your knowledge? This is My first sig and don't know much about them.

mdemotte 08-04-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabroome
Will the Sig P250 (new style) Shoot any ammo with out problems or is it a picky? Been trying to find as much info about this pistol as I can but having a hard time finding good info. So if anyone owns one or knows anything about it will you please share your knowledge? This is My first sig and don't know much about them.

I have the new style 250c ... Love it ..,trigger takes some getting used to..Revolver like.. When you do its really quite accurate!! I have had zero malfunction of any kind of ammo. 1000+ rds. I have never tried steel ammo though.. WWB, Federal, UMC and Sellier all flawless

jabroome 08-04-2012 08:11 PM

Well I'm use to shooting revolvers that's one reason I liked it. It's comfortable to me. I was nervous after I bout it because of bad reviews but finally figured out it was the first model. I've only shot a mag full of ammo out of it. It felt good shooting.

mdemotte 08-04-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jabroome
Well I'm use to shooting revolvers that's one reason I liked it. It's comfortable to me. I was nervous after I bout it because of bad reviews but finally figured out it was the first model. I've only shot a mag full of ammo out of it. It felt good shooting.

I was the same.. The first model had some issues .. The new ones are top notch Sig!! Happy shooting!!

JigSawer40 08-07-2012 01:15 AM

I have a P250c 40sw and I've shot Rem, Win and Fed ammo. 1200 rounds and not a hiccup. Great gun but I wish the trigger is a little shorter stroked.

I always shoot at 25-30 feet and it's accurate enough to make a BG sweat. :p

jabroome 08-07-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigSawer40
I have a P250c 40sw and I've shot Rem, Win and Fed ammo. 1200 rounds and not a hiccup. Great gun but I wish the trigger is a little shorter stroked.

Yeah trigger is long but it doesn't really bother me

Corndork2 08-22-2012 07:35 PM

Ive fed all sorts of ammo through a SIG P250, SP2022, and P229 with no issues. They are extremely consistent and reliable firearms. Hope you enjoy yours!

mdemotte 08-23-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JigSawer40

I agree... My groups open up quite a bit after 15yds. They still all hit torso area.. But 4-5" apart. I honestly doubt I would shoot anybody 25yds. Even if I could my state would prosecute me for not retreating! :(

JigSawer40 08-23-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdemotte (Post 912501)
I agree... My groups open up quite a bit after 15yds. They still all hit torso area.. But 4-5" apart. I honestly doubt I would shoot anybody 25yds. Even if I could my state would prosecute me for not retreating! :(

Retreating means turning your back on the threat. I won't do that.

OldManMontgomery 08-23-2012 02:24 AM

My son has one. I've been with him and shot a couple different types of commercial hollow point ammo (Winchester 147 HP sub sonic and something else - I think Federal 125 grain HP) and my NATO equivalent reloads. No problems in firing or functioning, and they all seem to group adequately well.

I deem it 'usable'.