Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sidearm of choice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sidearm of choice

Ok **** is hittin' the fan and your guns & gear are all packed up ready to roll, however, we all know that no matter what or how much we have packed a pistol will forever be attached to the hip/thigh...what sidearm are you puttin' your life on?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #2

Liked 600 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 1306

Should be obvious for me. M&P 40 with 9mm barrel and mags on the side.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

With no regard to being able to scavenge ammo later, Glock 31 and 33 in .357Sig. For being able to scavenge ammo later, FN FNX or Springfield XD Target. A Ruger MK III or Walther P-22 might make a nice secondary or BOB pistol.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 09-29-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19870 Times on 11286 Posts
Likes Given: 50092

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippindrank View Post
Ok **** is hittin' the fan and your guns & gear are all packed up ready to roll, however, we all know that no matter what or how much we have packed a pistol will forever be attached to the hip/thigh...what sidearm are you puttin' your life on?
any one of them that i own! if i can't depend on them, then i don't need to own it, or it needs to be gone!
People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 05:48 AM   #5

Liked 385 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 1371

I will strap on my unbreakable forever gun.. never even needs the little turn hand changed.. unlike the competing designs from Smith and Colt: The Ruger GP100, 4 inch .357 Magnum in the Royal Phoenix Edition with the factory trigger job and the self illuminating fiberoptic FSP.

First rounds count and which this gun I never miss my first shot at handgun distances.

100_1593.jpg  

Primary Rifle:
LWRC M6A2 w/ Eotech512

Primary Handgun:
Ruger GP100 Royal Phoenix
steadyshot Likes This 
Old 09-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
any one of them that i own! if i can't depend on them, then i don't need to own it, or it needs to be gone!
^^^^
This
If it's not 100% it gets gone. More than likely though it will be my Para LTC on my hip. That thing is a great shooter. For an outdated 1911 with an alloy frame.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
^^^^
This
If it's not 100% it gets gone. More than likely though it will be my Para LTC on my hip. That thing is a great shooter. For an outdated 1911 with an alloy frame.
My wife's choice is a Para LDA CCW. Thin, light, full-size 1911 with smooth trigger and bobbed hammer. Paras are great, IF you can ever find them.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 09-29-2013, 06:02 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Im going with my M&P 9 and probably also a S&W 686...its not cheating, I have two sides to strap guns to :-)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 09-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #9

Liked 1115 Times on 583 Posts
Likes Given: 49

My choice would depend on the facts specific to the situation. I believe that the 1911 is the best combat handgun there is; that the .357 magnum revolver is the best general purpose handgun; and that a .22 is the one to carry if you're going to have to be humping all your ammo for a while.

I would always have a .22 pistol somewhere in my gear; either my Ruger Mk I or my Ruger Single Six Convertible with both cylinders. If I knew I was going to fight my way clear, my twenty year old Springfield 1911 would be handy; if it was escape, evade, and survive, then my Smith Model 28 would be the one.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #10

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
My wife's choice is a Para LDA CCW. Thin, light, full-size 1911 with smooth trigger and bobbed hammer. Paras are great, IF you can ever find them.
Man I love the LDA triggers. Simply fantastic!
You're right you don't see many Paras out there. And you never see them used. My usual reply to the Para sucks crowd is go to gunbroker and look up any other 1911 you want then look up Para Ord and tell mew how many you see used. You just don't see them hardly ever used. I own two para pistols (got a P16 .40 too) and both are more accurate than I am and have never failed. That double stack on a 1911 like frame took some getting used to though..heh. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine out of His TAC Four.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson