Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Sidearm of choice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/sidearm-choice-97800/)

sippindrank 09-29-2013 06:20 AM

Sidearm of choice

Ok **** is hittin' the fan and your guns & gear are all packed up ready to roll, however, we all know that no matter what or how much we have packed a pistol will forever be attached to the hip/thigh...what sidearm are you puttin' your life on?

kryptar19 09-29-2013 06:27 AM

Should be obvious for me. M&P 40 with 9mm barrel and mags on the side.

TekGreg 09-29-2013 06:33 AM

With no regard to being able to scavenge ammo later, Glock 31 and 33 in .357Sig. For being able to scavenge ammo later, FN FNX or Springfield XD Target. A Ruger MK III or Walther P-22 might make a nice secondary or BOB pistol.

Axxe55 09-29-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sippindrank (Post 1386967)
Ok **** is hittin' the fan and your guns & gear are all packed up ready to roll, however, we all know that no matter what or how much we have packed a pistol will forever be attached to the hip/thigh...what sidearm are you puttin' your life on?

any one of them that i own! if i can't depend on them, then i don't need to own it, or it needs to be gone!

bluez 09-29-2013 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will strap on my unbreakable forever gun.. never even needs the little turn hand changed.. unlike the competing designs from Smith and Colt: The Ruger GP100, 4 inch .357 Magnum in the Royal Phoenix Edition with the factory trigger job and the self illuminating fiberoptic FSP.

First rounds count and which this gun I never miss my first shot at handgun distances.

DrumJunkie 09-29-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe55 (Post 1386987)
any one of them that i own! if i can't depend on them, then i don't need to own it, or it needs to be gone!

^^^^
This
If it's not 100% it gets gone. More than likely though it will be my Para LTC on my hip. That thing is a great shooter. For an outdated 1911 with an alloy frame.:rolleyes:

TekGreg 09-29-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1387001)
^^^^
This
If it's not 100% it gets gone. More than likely though it will be my Para LTC on my hip. That thing is a great shooter. For an outdated 1911 with an alloy frame.:rolleyes:

My wife's choice is a Para LDA CCW. Thin, light, full-size 1911 with smooth trigger and bobbed hammer. Paras are great, IF you can ever find them.

GunsGodAndCountry 09-29-2013 07:02 AM

Im going with my M&P 9 and probably also a S&W 686...its not cheating, I have two sides to strap guns to :-)

txpossum 09-29-2013 07:05 AM

My choice would depend on the facts specific to the situation. I believe that the 1911 is the best combat handgun there is; that the .357 magnum revolver is the best general purpose handgun; and that a .22 is the one to carry if you're going to have to be humping all your ammo for a while.

I would always have a .22 pistol somewhere in my gear; either my Ruger Mk I or my Ruger Single Six Convertible with both cylinders. If I knew I was going to fight my way clear, my twenty year old Springfield 1911 would be handy; if it was escape, evade, and survive, then my Smith Model 28 would be the one.

DrumJunkie 09-29-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TekGreg (Post 1387008)
My wife's choice is a Para LDA CCW. Thin, light, full-size 1911 with smooth trigger and bobbed hammer. Paras are great, IF you can ever find them.

Man I love the LDA triggers. Simply fantastic!
You're right you don't see many Paras out there. And you never see them used. My usual reply to the Para sucks crowd is go to gunbroker and look up any other 1911 you want then look up Para Ord and tell mew how many you see used. You just don't see them hardly ever used. I own two para pistols (got a P16 .40 too) and both are more accurate than I am and have never failed. That double stack on a 1911 like frame took some getting used to though..heh. I'm trying to talk a friend of mine out of His TAC Four.