Sick & Tired of the gouging - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sick & Tired of the gouging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Flatwoods and Swamps of Florida, United States of America
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I think I willl start using .22 cartridges for tender.

Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
From L.A.? You should have bought 2 years ago!! That is not a place I'd want to run out of ammo in. BTW, if you let the high priced ammo set, it will not drop in 2..3..4 months. Corperate still wants their profit on $$ spent. They will not take a loss, unless they can screw you royaly in the near future.

A salesman told me they had made a few calls and were assured that in about six months things will be about normal.
Both in firearms and ammo.
Well, I hope so.
For years I would buy a box of something I could use,
didn't really need it at the time,
But bought it to store.
Am good, unless we go to war.
But am concerned about going to the range.

Dude, a salesman told you? A "salesman" these days is an out of work ex-corporate office dweller who can't find a job and takes whatever he can get. Thus, he likely knows less than dick about what the manufacturers are doing, or their timeframe. The owner of my local store and range has orders pending with every major player in the market.....their exact words are, we will get your order to you as soon as we can given the sheer amount of volume we are dealing with. Many of them have plastered on the front page of their websites that they are running 8-12 MONTHS behind. Some are saying 12-24. 6 months, at this point that's a pipe dream. The most optimistic of estimates that are realistic are 12 months.

I'm not calling you out or being an ass, but if manufacturers can't give any time frame details, I wouldn't believe nor repeat something I heard a salesman say.

As for current prices, the secondary market hasn't budged here in Atlanta. People are still posting .223 at .80-1.00 a round, some idiots even more than that for just plain old 55 grain stuff. I managed to snag 300 rounds of AE 5.56 55grain from PSA today at .62 each shipped, and almost felt like I was getting a deal at that price given current times.

Also, I actually saw some rounds this past week in a shop, literally 20 rounds of no name unknown stamping .223 in a zip lock baggie for $17. Friggin absurd

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #53

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I " borrowed " this from another forum.
If you have something I WANT IT'S PRICE GOUGING.
If I have sonething YOU WANT IT'S CAPITALISM!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 940 Times on 573 Posts
Likes Given: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="3"]Well,
in six months, things are supposed to be back to normal,
maybe.
In 6-12 months this will either be over, or we will be needing everything we hoarded.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6256 Times on 3515 Posts
Likes Given: 5843

It's already lightening up in some parts of the country.

It would end sooner if we didn't have so damned many people going "chicken little" every time they see an empty shelf.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 02-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
It's already lightening up in some parts of the country.

It would end sooner if we didn't have so damned many people going "chicken little" every time they see an empty shelf.
There are a few things that are easing up, but there are others getting worse. I noticed today that the shop that had the ziplock baggies with 20 rounds of .223 for $16 now has a different baggie with Lake City 5.56 for $12.99 That's not great by any means, but I recall Walmart selling Winchester 5.56 prior to all this for $11.99 retail. The PMAGs are still overpriced at $35, and $40 respectively. Rifles are still way over priced, in the $1200 range for even the lowest tier models. What really irks me is the places with the MP15-22 on the shelf for $650. And they wonder why it's still there....

Recently, I have seen some .22lr here and there, which is an improvement. 9mm has become difficult to find yet again after seeming to make a stock comeback.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #57

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Well since i guess we're relieving stress & ranting I'm sick of those who seem to keep half a box of ammo on hand till a "crisis" comes to be & then start bitchin about not being able to find or pay the price of ammo they should have had on hand since the last time this happened------ Thank YOU
Well said Hossfly!