Sick & Tired of the gouging - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sick & Tired of the gouging

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
In the last panic, an online retailer called Cheaperthandirt, was very guilty of gouging. $49.99 a box of 50 for .380 FMJ!!!!!! They will NEVER GET A DIME FROM ME EVER AGAIN!!!!!! I do not easily forget. They should be driven out of business and any other retailer who gouges to that extent.
I saw that to. That's just crazy. I just wanted to learn to shoot but am afraid of using what I have in fear I can not buy more

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #42
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
"If you STAY ready you don't have to GET ready."

Great advice! Over the course of a few years, every time I found myself at or near a gun counter, I'd pick up a box of (insert caliber and ammo type) for my stash. Using that method I accumulated a pretty respectable supply of ammo, magazines, etc. for my various types of firearms. I began doing that in the good-old-days leading up to the dreaded "Y-2-K," when ammo prices were relatively low, and continued doing so till now and beyond.

I don't know if today's ammo supply problem is because of market driven increases, or gouging, but it is what it is. We can whine about it, or deal with it. Set your priorities and act accordingly.
Same here...........

Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #43

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

So at this point in time, what do you guys think a fair price would be for. 223/5.56 ammo or. 45 acp because according to some, it seems like complaining about $1 per round is "whining"

Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock1926 View Post
So at this point in time, what do you guys think a fair price would be for. 223/5.56 ammo or. 45 acp because according to some, it seems like complaining about $1 per round is "whining"
A "fair" price is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
When supply goes up, prices go down. when demand goes up to the point that it exceeds supply, prices go up.

If you have 10 widgets on the shelf and a hundred folks that want one, you raise the price to the point that only 10 people will be willing to pay it.. That's the way the market works.

Gasoline is going down right now. Supply is up and demand is down a little. The market place is self regulating as long as government doesn't interfere.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock1926 View Post
Depends. I have a pretty decent stock and had been ordering whenever stock was listed in December and early Jan. I listed some stuff for sale recently on armslist.

5.56 62grain XM855 I had 200 rounds listed for $190.
.223 Winchester 45 grain frangible I had listed at $16 a box
It all sold.

There are a lot of people listing .223/5.56 at $1 a round but it doesn't appear they are selling much as the listings never get deactivated.
The steel stuff like WPA and Tula is listed around .60-.75 a round.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #46

Liked 451 Times on 251 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
I dont know about that. Milk is usually $1.67-$2.37 a gallon here in AZ. This week it is $1.67 at 2 stores Walmart will match the price.
Milk here in CT ranges for between $3.79 - $4.99 a gallon depending in what store and what brand of milk. I just bought milk last night at Walmart for $3.79 freakin nuts

Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #47

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've always wondered why the manufacturer puts some of the rounds in fancy packages instead of just loose in a box. Doesn't that have to account for why some ammo in larger calibers is more expensive? No need for the cost of the fancy tray that holds the bullets in the box. Just my 2c

Old 02-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #48
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Well,
in six months, things are supposed to be back to normal,
maybe.
If we stop buying for six months.
Boycott the high prices.
Let the dollar per round ammo stay on the shelves.
Wait for prices to come down.

We will surely hurt the dealers.

But we will show all concerned,

We don't need their ammo at their prices.

????

Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #49

Liked 699 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
A "fair" price is whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
When supply goes up, prices go down. when demand goes up to the point that it exceeds supply, prices go up.

If you have 10 widgets on the shelf and a hundred folks that want one, you raise the price to the point that only 10 people will be willing to pay it.. That's the way the market works.

Gasoline is going down right now. Supply is up and demand is down a little. The market place is self regulating as long as government doesn't interfere.
Gas is going up also. .30 in the last month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Milk here in CT ranges for between $3.79 - $4.99 a gallon depending in what store and what brand of milk. I just bought milk last night at Walmart for $3.79 freakin nuts
I stopped at a convenience store. 3.49 for 1, 5.49 for 2 gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp View Post
Well,
in six months, things are supposed to be back to normal,
maybe.
If we stop buying for six months.
Boycott the high prices.
Let the dollar per round ammo stay on the shelves.
Wait for prices to come down.

We will surely hurt the dealers.

But we will show all concerned,

We don't need their ammo at their prices.

????
From L.A.? You should have bought 2 years ago!! That is not a place I'd want to run out of ammo in. BTW, if you let the high priced ammo set, it will not drop in 2..3..4 months. Corperate still wants their profit on $$ spent. They will not take a loss, unless they can screw you royaly in the near future.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

From L.A.? You should have bought 2 years ago!! That is not a place I'd want to run out of ammo in. BTW, if you let the high priced ammo set, it will not drop in 2..3..4 months. Corperate still wants their profit on $$ spent. They will not take a loss, unless they can screw you royaly in the near future.

A salesman told me they had made a few calls and were assured that in about six months things will be about normal.
Both in firearms and ammo.
Well, I hope so.
For years I would buy a box of something I could use,
didn't really need it at the time,
But bought it to store.
Am good, unless we go to war.
But am concerned about going to the range.