Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Sick & Tired of the gouging (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/sick-tired-gouging-82616/)

Glock1926 01-27-2013 08:47 PM

Sick & Tired of the gouging

Went to the online gun sites, gunbroker, armslist etc. Tired of seeing all this price gouging for ammo. If this were gasoline or milk there would be an investigation. People like this make it hard for others to shoot. Who needs gun control laws when our fellow shooters make it damn near impossible. Keep hoarding the ammo and charging $1 per round. Thank you

hoovco 01-27-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock1926
Went to the online gun sites, gunbroker, armslist etc. Tired of seeing all this price gouging for ammo. If this were gasoline or milk there would be an investigation. People like this make it hard for others to shoot. Who needs gun control laws when our fellow shooters make it damn near impossible. Keep hoarding the ammo and charging $1 per round. Thank you

The crappy thing is majority of this surge isn't caused by people that shoot and enjoy their firearms on a regular basis. They're people who heard "ban" and started hoarding and buying everything in sight.

Somewhere there's some kid that saved his money to buy a nice AR to hunt with, but can't because some d-bag bought everything in sight because he thinks he can turn a buck.

HOSSFLY 01-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock1926 (Post 1112659)

Well since i guess we're relieving stress & ranting I'm sick of those who seem to keep half a box of ammo on hand till a "crisis" comes to be & then start bitchin about not being able to find or pay the price of ammo they should have had on hand since the last time this happened------ Thank YOU ;)

nitestalker 01-27-2013 09:22 PM

Milk well there is a fine example. The dairy lobby has fixed the price of milk for years. No one under Federal law may sell milk for less than a 6% profit margin after cost of goods is added to all freight charges. So if you wanted to sell milk for a 5% margin you will be charged under Federal law with a Felony.:eek:

FrontierTCB 01-27-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Well since i guess we're relieving stress & ranting I'm sick of those who seem to keep half a box of ammo on hand till a "crisis" comes to be & then start bitchin about not being able to find or pay the price of ammo they should have had on hand since the last time this happened------ Thank YOU ;)

Good point. Like my instructors used to drill in my head. "If you STAY ready you don't have to GET ready".

Glock1926 01-27-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrontierTCB (Post 1112724)

Good point. Like my instructors used to drill in my head. "If you STAY ready you don't have to GET ready".

I wish I had the foresight to buy my ammo before I bought the rifle. Call me naive, I didn't realize how hard it would be to find ammo for a reasonable price. Hopefully if all goes back to normal, I will be. If not, it looks like 1000 rds for $800-1000.

limbkiller 01-27-2013 09:39 PM

I budget 20-30 dollars a week to buy ammo. Some weeks when I work overtime I may spend 100-200 on ammo. I hate not being able to buy myself but have thousands of rounds on hand. Am I a hoarder? I don't think so as I shoot a lot and believe this is gonna happen over and over. I buy when things are good and am prepared. When this blows over the people bitching need to buy some when they can. What if the govt. cuts supplies how are you gonna fight back? Never be without ammo EVER.

HOSSFLY 01-27-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock1926

I wish I had the foresight to buy my ammo before I bought the rifle. Call me naive, I didn't realize how hard it would be to find ammo for a reasonable price. Hopefully if all goes back to normal, I will be. If not, it looks like 1000 rds for $800-1000.

It'll get better. Next time more will be prepared-

Chainfire 01-27-2013 09:44 PM

When everyone gets tired of the gouging, it will end. It is a wound the shooters inflicted on themselves.

I have decided not to "buy-in" to the thieves. I also am keeping notes on who got too greedy. There will come a day when the pendelum swings back the other way. A lot of sellers will be competing for buyers again.

I learned in 2008, to not depend on a steady supply of ammo. For the last several years I always buy a little more ammo than I shoot. My son and I plinked for two and a half hours today.

nitestalker 01-27-2013 09:47 PM

Learn to hand load and cast bullets. If you can make your own bullets you are ahead of the game.;)