You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Show off your favorite rimfire plinking handgun?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bbertram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland,mi
Posts: 255
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester94 View Post
Very nice Berettas! I've always liked the looks of the 71.
They're very reliable, comfortable to hold pistols, and just plain "sexy" !
__________________
3d Infantry Division
"Dogface Soldier"
Beretta 70 Collection
FEG Collection
SKS Fan
bbertram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Winchester94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 840
Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
ruger mk3 22/45 with vortex sparc and silencerco sparrow

havent been shooting it much lately due to the shortage of decent quality bulk 22lr
Now that is cool! I've always thought a suppressed .22 would be cool.
Winchester94 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Winchester94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 840
Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post

They're very reliable, comfortable to hold pistols, and just plain "sexy" !
I've never seen one in person. The only Berettas I ever see are mostly the little 3032's and and Px4's.
Winchester94 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bbertram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Holland,mi
Posts: 255
Liked 47 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester94 View Post
I've never seen one in person. The only Berettas I ever see are mostly the little 3032's and and Px4's.
They feel more substantial in your hand than the bobcat, for example, and with a 6" barrel can reach out for good accuracy. I was drawn to them from their use as assassination weapons by the Mossad, after the Munich massacre. They're a fun gun and a piece of history in one package ( of course, I don't know anyone who has just ONE ! ) .
__________________
3d Infantry Division
"Dogface Soldier"
Beretta 70 Collection
FEG Collection
SKS Fan
bbertram is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Winchester94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 840
Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbertram View Post

They feel more substantial in your hand than the bobcat, for example, and with a 6" barrel can reach out for good accuracy. I was drawn to them from their use as assassination weapons by the Mossad, after the Munich massacre. They're a fun gun and a piece of history in one package ( of course, I don't know anyone who has just ONE ! ) .
That sounds like the type of guns I like. I love historical/fun/practical guns.
Winchester94 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cgersty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Collinsville,Illinois
Posts: 536
Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Default

Heritage rough rider

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
1389913049391.jpg  
__________________
Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga
cgersty is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Winchester94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 840
Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
Heritage rough rider

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
I've got one similar to that. Has the finish worn off of yours pretty quickly?
Winchester94 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:10 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cgersty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Collinsville,Illinois
Posts: 536
Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Default

Wife gave me this 2 years ago for my birthday, I carry it in a leather holster, it is a work horse, whether in cutting firewood, mowing grass, or weedeating, whatever I'm doing outside this is on my hip, I carry it loaded with snake shot and I've killed plenty of snakes with it, but to answer your question, yes the finish is wearing off only on the painted frame the barrel is holding up nicely, but as I said its a workhorse so I expected it to get beat up, doesn't affect how she shoots though she is dead on

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
__________________
Bushmaster AR15 .223/556
Marlin Model 60 .22lr
Marlin 91V .17HMR
Hi Point .45
Mossberg ATR 30.06 (wifes)
Mossberg 702 .22lr (wifes)
NEF Pardner Pump 12ga (wifes)
Remington 870 12ga
H&R Topper JR 20ga
Mossberg 500 Slugmaster 12ga
Winchester Model 190 .22lr
Thompson Center Grey Hawk .54
Norinco SKS 7.62x39
1860 Remington New Army .44
Titan 22 short
Rohm RG Model 23 .22lr
St. Louis Hawken .50 cal
Kentucky Long Rifle .50 cal
H&R Ultra Slug Hunter 20ga
cgersty is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
indy36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,095
Liked 560 Times on 321 Posts

Default

Ruger 22/45 with Cmore red dot, trigger job, mag disconnect removal, quick strip bolt kit, and ported comp.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1389921319.298900.jpg
indy36 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:14 AM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Winchester94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 840
Liked 282 Times on 194 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgersty View Post
Wife gave me this 2 years ago for my birthday, I carry it in a leather holster, it is a work horse, whether in cutting firewood, mowing grass, or weedeating, whatever I'm doing outside this is on my hip, I carry it loaded with snake shot and I've killed plenty of snakes with it, but to answer your question, yes the finish is wearing off only on the painted frame the barrel is holding up nicely, but as I said its a workhorse so I expected it to get beat up, doesn't affect how she shoots though she is dead on

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app
I got mine for the same reason, load mine with ratshot for yard work too. And because I just like single action revolvers too.
Winchester94 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Show off your favorite rimfire plinkers! Winchester94 .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 475 05-21-2016 10:15 PM
What's your favorite rimfire? and Why? Rex in OTZ .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 266 08-29-2014 07:28 AM
My new favorite rimfire revolver mag318 Revolver Handguns 6 10-16-2013 03:13 AM
Plinking... favorite guns and targets, etc. KingGlamis The Club House 0 08-20-2013 05:16 AM
What's your favorite Gun/ Survival show ktmboyz The Club House 2 08-26-2009 10:42 PM