Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   should i take advantage of the panic buying? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/should-i-take-advantage-panic-buying-80896/)

potentialglock 01-10-2013 02:13 PM

should i take advantage of the panic buying?

I have an m&p9 that I bought as my first handgun. I'm not nearly as accurate with it as I am with other guns. I can't carry it because its too heavy and bulky. And in the home defense scenario id go for the 1911 or shotgun. I feel I could take it to the gun show next week and probably get as much as I paid for out of it. Thoughts?

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 02:19 PM

They go for approx $550 new. You would get HALF of that for a straight up trade at your LGS. On consignment you might get $475 assuming its in excellent shape. I dont know how used gun sales work at a show (vendor fees, etc) but I think its safe to say you could sell a USED M&P 9mm in excellent condition for $450

armed1212 01-10-2013 02:21 PM

Hey ive been looking for 1, hint hint.... : ) .prices ive seen are about 500 new give or take. I dont think you'll that much yet.Handgun prices havent jump that much yet.... At least down in fl. I'd hold it longer if u wanna make money of it.

potentialglock 01-10-2013 02:24 PM

In Virginia can't I just walk into the gun show and say I wanna sell this.

potentialglock 01-10-2013 02:27 PM

Every show I've gone to has several walkers with signs on their back. They're not with a group nor do they have a table. They just walk in and say I wanna sell this and they get checked and are allowed in it looks like

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 02:28 PM

Wonder what sort of re-seller fee they charge at a gun show. I think all in all, gun show or not....its safe to say you can make up to $450 if its in GREAT shape and at least 2 mags w/box. Why not list it on here in the classifieds?

HOSSFLY 01-10-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1087905)
In Virginia can't I just walk into the gun show and say I wanna sell this.

Go inside & start conversations--Then>
Parking lot? :confused:
Legal here (so far) :o

potentialglock 01-10-2013 02:29 PM

I should be able to walk around inside the gunshow with a sign on my back

StainlessSteel215 01-10-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1087909)
Go inside & start conversations--Then>
Parking lot? :confused:
Legal here (so far) :o

That is the most irresponsible thing Ive ever heard. A parking lot gun sale?? Cmon man....thats part of the national issue. If you dont make a transaction on the books...legally....what if you just sold your pistol to a stick-up guy?

People looking to eek out a bigger profit putting greed over responsibility makes me sick.

HOSSFLY 01-10-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 (Post 1087914)
That is the most irresponsible thing Ive ever heard. A parking lot gun sale?? Cmon man....thats part of the national issue. If you dont make a transaction on the books...legally....what if you just sold your pistol to a stick-up guy?

People looking to eek out a bigger profit putting greed over responsibility makes me sick.

Then go choke on your puke ;)