Which should I buy? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which should I buy?

View Poll Results: Which is the better buy?
CZ75 All the way 14 53.85%
The Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho 5 19.23%
Neither. They're both turds 4 15.38%
You disrupted my pr0n surfing for this? Die! 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I`d go with the CZ75.
I have the same modell, wich is pre B version in the so called tropical finish.
That means the finish is coated not blued and so gives better protection from moisture.

The CZ75 is a very easy to use and forgiving pistol that has been on the market since 1976 and is one of the most copied pistols around.
Norinco and Tanfoglio are based on the CZ75 base aswell as some sprinfield apistols aswell.

The grip is fairly small for a double row mag, what makes it easy to hold for peoples with smaller hands.
Slap on a pair of Hogue Monogrips of Pachmayr grips and you are ready to go.
I actually sanded down my original plastic grips and put skate board griptape on for more grip.

My CZ75 is about 20 years old and still shoots like on the first day.

regards
Ken

Old 12-20-2008, 09:33 PM   #22

Default Any Gun Is A Good Gun!

Any gun is a good gun if you don't already have one.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #23

Liked 250 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 15

No opinion on the two guns in question but.... The video of the DEA man shooting himself is hardly proof that Glocks are unsafe .
The way to avoid a Plaxico Burres-style AD is to carry your Glock in a secure holster that covers the trigger guard . Then leave it in the holster when you put your gun away at night . Your holster is the safety. The trigger safety is not important . What matters is Rule #3 .

" If you can keep your finger off of the trigger, no safety is necessary . If you cannot keep your finger off of the trigger, no safety will save you ". -Jeff Cooper-

1911s lack the direct feed of Glocks, require more cleaning and lubrication, corrode more easily, weigh more , hold fewer rounds (usually) and have a slower rate of fire .
James Yeager dislikes 1911s , having seen them used in his classes . A guy told me he used a 1911 in FOF training and forgot to thumb off the safety every time ; he says the real world is not what we imagine .

As somebody's tag line reads, " Colts and Kimbers are what you show to your friends. Glocks are what you show to your enemies . "

Old 12-21-2008, 05:41 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

To each their own.........

I will add that there is a simple reason that the 1911 has survived this long and is still in use among the military, mercenary, law enforcement, and concealed carry circles.

Glocks are great pistols. So are CZ pistols, and XD pistols, and Beretta pistols, and so on, and so on..........

Rentacop posted:

Quote:
1911s lack the direct feed of Glocks, require more cleaning and lubrication, corrode more easily, weigh more , hold fewer rounds (usually) and have a slower rate of fire .
Where do you get the info that a 1911 has a slow rate of fire?

Rentacop posted:
Quote:
A guy told me he used a 1911 in FOF training and forgot to thumb off the safety every time ; he says the real world is not what we imagine .
He needs to train more. Just like you would need alot of training to get used to the grip angle of a Glock versus the grip angles of the 1911 or an XD. If you train enough you will sweep the safety off involuntarily. It'll become second nature.

People are depending too much on plastics and polymers these days. They are lighter for carry but they are also cheaper (the only reason most gun manufacturers use them).

This is a 1911 with a kB!:

This is a Glock with a kB!:

This is a Beretta with a kB!:

My point is that if a gun decides to go kaboom (there is always a risk) I would rather have steel then polymer.

Also, Glocks aren't that special. They are prone to jamming and malfunctions just like everything else (even including 1911s)

This one is NOT EVEN COOL!!!!!!!

Rentacop posted:
Quote:
Colts and Kimbers are what you show to your friends. Glocks are what you show to your enemies .
While a Glock is something that will take care of an enemy rather nicely, the fact will remain that the 1911 has been putting all kinds of enemies 6 feet under way before the inventor of the Glock pistol was conceived via a strategic stain left on his parents mattress.

...and to this day the 1911 is still hard at work ensuring that hell is supplied with a steady supply of fresh souls.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:55 PM   #25

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post

" If you can keep your finger off of the trigger, no safety is necessary . If you cannot keep your finger off of the trigger, no safety will save you ". -Jeff Cooper-

James Yeager dislikes 1911s , having seen them used in his classes . A guy told me he used a 1911 in FOF training and forgot to thumb off the safety every time ; he says the real world is not what we imagine .

As somebody's tag line reads, " Colts and Kimbers are what you show to your friends. Glocks are what you show to your enemies . "
I am going to leave this as merely one person's opinion. While you may feel that those are real and warranted "complaints" about the 1911, the fact of the matter is, come and see me when the Glock reaches 100 years of ACTIVE SERVICE. Period.

Anyone who feels my 1911 won't put someone's d!ck in the dirt is welcome to stop by in the middle of the night unannounced and with bad intentions.

JD