Which should I buy?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Which should I buy?

View Poll Results: Which is the better buy?
CZ75 All the way 14 53.85%
The Baby Desert Eagle/Jericho 5 19.23%
Neither. They're both turds 4 15.38%
You disrupted my pr0n surfing for this? Die! 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Which should I buy?

I have two handguns available to me for the same price. In the fine opinion of this forum's members, which is the better gun to own?

CZ75

Or a Baby Desert Eagle .40 aka. Jericho 941

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

the baby eagle is just a manly lookin gun

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

CZ - it's not even a competition unless, like the good sgt indicates, you are "looking" for a certain look.

I was tempted to click you interrupted my pr0n sorfing, but alas, I can't do that from this nazi terminal here in my cubicle hell hole....

Get the CZ - or wait, sell off your recent 1911 acqusition and get yourself a top of the line 1911 and bask in the glory that is owning the best handgun platform on the planet.

JD

Last edited by Dillinger; 12-15-2008 at 08:41 PM.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
the baby eagle is just a manly lookin gun
Does the CZ look like it should be carrying a purse?

(I happen to agree with you, btw)

Old 12-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
CZ - it's not even a competition unless, like the good sgt indicates, you are "looking" for a certain look.

I was tempted to click you interrupted my pr0n sorfing, but alas, I can't do that from this nazi terminal here in my cubicle hell hole....

Get the CZ - or wait, sell off your recent 1911 acqusition and get yourself a top of the line 1911 and bask in the glory that is owning the best handgun platform on the planet.

JD
We are more alike than I thought. That was precisely my plan. You are good.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

it kinda does..lol, i wouldnt get it

Wars begin where u will

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, one big issue, to me, whenever I look at a handgun is where is the safety mounted? If it doesn't have one, like on the Sig, find out what internals it does have to make up for that.

If it's trigger mounted, in my opinion, keep walking. Why? "I am the only one in this room, that I know of, who is professional enough to carry the Glock .40" BANG!

On the CZ, it's a solid, frame mounted safety. This is how it should be.

On the early Baby Eagles, or Jericho's, or whatever, they were a slide mounted safety. JD, and company, do not like/recommend slide mounted safeties.

Why? Isn't it all the same?

No, it's not.

Look, your slide performs many functions, and is usually a solid piece of steel/aluminum, but it also houses your striker, which is the part that makes the gun go bang when the trigger is pulled. There also isn't as much real estate on the slide to correctly mount a safety.

By mounting the safety on the frame, where it is supposed to be, you have a solid, non moving part of the weapon with more real estate to form a solid platform. So, when the slide moves around, the components of the safety are nice and sound on the frame and aren't being subjected to the same back and forth force of repetitive round stressors.

In addition, the slide is the part most exposed while in a holster, while the frame is usually in the holster itself. If the safety is mounted on the frame, and the frame is in your holster, there is much less of a chance for that safety to "accidentally" go to fire. Since the back of the slide and hammer region is usually where the snap or buckle is placed for retention purposes, guess what part of the weapon gets fiddled with the most when you holster and unholster the weapon?

That's why we ONLY recommend frame mounted safeties for handgun purchases in the shop.

Just food for thought...

JD

Old 12-16-2008, 02:55 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Honestly, and with any experience, I couldn't tell you. I will say that I have been very close to getting my own Jericho pistol once. That being said, and out of the two, it's what I would go for. I'd want mine in a 45 though.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:14 AM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
If it's trigger mounted, in my opinion, keep walking. Why? "I am the only one in this room, that I know of, who is professional enough to carry the Glock .40" BANG!

JD
what makes you so special JD

Wars begin where u will

Old 12-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I guess you all DIDN'T read the thread... "I have two handguns available to me for the same price." Of the TWO choices AVAILABLE... I would take the CZ. Asked & answered.