Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Shooting gloves? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/shooting-gloves-23937/)

Gojubrian 02-27-2010 02:13 PM

Shooting gloves?

Do you wear shooting gloves? I was thinking of maybe getting a pair yeaterday after shooting oodles of 9mm and .45 at the range. My hands were a little sore, and filthy. :)

gadrooning 02-27-2010 02:38 PM

I only wear gloves when I plan on doing a heck of a lot of shooting. I found that thin leather driving gloves really work well. It is thin enough to not change your natural grip but has enough material to protect your trigger finger and the web of your thumb.

IGETEVEN 02-27-2010 03:06 PM

Believe it or not, but for a lot shooting, I have a couple of very nice pairs of golf gloves that are outstanding and work perfectly. They are thin, give me no restricted movement of my wrist, hand, or trigger finger, and they have enough surface padding for the palm, web of your thumb and trigger finger. They come in half sizes for a perfect skintight fit and several color choices. Best of all, they are not that expensive to replace when you need to do so.

Jack

gadrooning 02-27-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGETEVEN (Post 237676)
Believe it or not, but for a lot shooting, I have a couple of very nice pairs of golf gloves that are outstanding and work perfectly. They are thin, give me no restricted movement of my wrist, hand, or trigger finger, and they have enough surface padding for the palm, web of your thumb and trigger finger. They come in half sizes for a perfect skintight fit and several color choices. Best of all, they are not that expensive to replace when you need to do so.

Jack

GOLF GLOVES now why in the heck did I not think of that! Driving gloves does the exact same thing but it is cost more and it's harder to locate. Good suggestion Jack.

kdog 02-27-2010 04:55 PM

Golf gloves....hmmm I stil lhave a right hand glove lying around.

Only thing about golf golves is, that you mostly get them in packs of "one", since you mostly only wear a glove on your dominating hand in golf......have to see, where I put mine at. Havn`t played in about 23 years....

.......I just can`t take my dad crying, when I whip his but, allthough I havn`t played in a few years.....:D

gorknoids 02-27-2010 07:09 PM

I don't wear gloves, but I can appreciate the utility. Never experienced slide-bite, but have had plenty of blisters.

Glasshartt 02-27-2010 09:22 PM

Because of the problems I have with my wrists, if I am going to be doing alot of shooting, I wear gloves similar to weight lifting gloves, they have great wrist support.

NitroxAZ 02-28-2010 01:47 AM

I have been using a cut resistant Dyneema work glove. They come in different sizes so I was able to get some that fit really snug. They have different thicknesses of the coating on the face of the glove for sensitivity. With the lightest coating I can reach into my pocket and pick out a dime. They cost about $7.50 a pair and are very durable.

hillbilly68 02-28-2010 03:24 AM

The "Mechanix" gloves work pretty good for all around, good and durable

doctherock 02-28-2010 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroxAZ (Post 238133)
I have been using a cut resistant Dyneema work glove. They come in different sizes so I was able to get some that fit really snug. They have different thicknesses of the coating on the face of the glove for sensitivity. With the lightest coating I can reach into my pocket and pick out a dime. They cost about $7.50 a pair and are very durable.

dont suppose you have a web site for said gloves?