Selling a handgun in cali! Help! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Selling a handgun in cali! Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Originally Posted by lilpablo1120 View Post
Ok...sorry for getting pissed hossfly... Hes one of my friends and i have no money to buy his rig or pay for the fees. Just trying to have him gain owership of it without asking him to do all that stuff because it bit turn him away from wanting to give me it...but if thats what has to happen then i guess we'll both have to deal with it lol
I understand- PLEASE bite the bullet & find out what is legal- Not worth 25yrs in jail for a ride------
Good luck---
Texan By Birth & Choice
Old 06-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The biggest issue is that there are the laws for firearm sales/transfers in 49 states, and then there's Cali. The California DOJ regulates firearm sales in their state and the laws are much more restrictive than in the others. Any handgun transfer requires FFL intervention in all states, so it's very likely that even though the gun is quite dated as you say, it'll require intervention of a licensed dealer. If the gun is 50 years old, as I believe you said, it puts it as a 1960s vintage and this doesn't fall under C&R guidelines. Even if it's from the '50s, it's pretty unlikely that you can do an FTF sale without involving a dealer and paperwork. Being able to vouch for the character of the buyer is pretty much a moot point, whether you agree with this or not.