Self D ammo in an M9? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Self D ammo in an M9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed
are you saying you run standard pressure ball ammo for defensive loads? That's just eFFing retarded.
No, eFFing retarded is thinking FMJ won't kill you. I never said JHP won't kill you or that it's not more affective at doing so. Your opinion is noted and dismissed.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #22

Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Well your opinion is wrong. FMJ's are in the military because the wound is easier to fix. FMJ's are the reason 9mm gets a bad rap, if a vital is not hit there is a much better chance at trauma to surrounding tissue and arteries using a +p hollow point. So still fight like you train just change your ammo before you fight and you stand a better chance.
"Your opinion is wrong." WTS is that? It's just an opinion.

They're like armpits, everybody has them, and they all stink.

Maybe you'd care to elaborate why states like New Jersey have

outlawed Defensive Ammunition.

My opinion is the police want and need violent criminals in

NJ to justify the need for a draconian police state...

Old 04-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #23

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Willfully armed, I know that match(with hollow points) are being issued with far more regularity, and I believe mk318 is also hp ammo. HOWEVER I also remember there being one instance where a JAG advisor freaked out over Match. Ammo with hollowpoint bullet use.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:06 PM   #24

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
"Your opinion is wrong." WTS is that? It's just an opinion.

They're like armpits, everybody has them, and they all stink.

Maybe you'd care to elaborate why states like New Jersey have

outlawed Defensive Ammunition.

My opinion is the police want and need violent criminals in

NJ to justify the need for a draconian police state...

Ok , my opinion is that the world is flat!........Everyone has the right to an opinion but some are wrong and his was wrong. I donít care what NJ is doing it is still wrong just like the opinion that the world is flat but thanks for trying to educate me on opinions, I donít need a lesson in political correctivness.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700

Ok , my opinion is that the world is flat!........Everyone has the right to an opinion but some are wrong and his was wrong. I don’t care what NJ is doing it is still wrong just like the opinion that the world is flat but thanks for trying to educate me on opinions, I don’t need a lesson in political correctivness.
Lol, my opinion is not wrong. FMJ WILL KILL YOU. I'm not arguing the effectiveness of JHP over FMJ. I never said FMJ is better than JHP. I chose to defend myself with the ammo I am most practiced and proficient with. Is that wrong? Only in YOUR opinion.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #26

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

image-287755511.jpg

...... Lotta this going on right now

---Shoot To Thrill---

Old 04-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #27

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
Lol, my opinion is not wrong. FMJ WILL KILL YOU. I'm not arguing the effectiveness of JHP over FMJ. I never said FMJ is better than JHP. I chose to defend myself with the ammo I am most practiced and proficient with. Is that wrong? Only in YOUR opinion.
sorry, my mistake

Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700

sorry, my mistake
No sweat.

I am pretty much done with this forum anyway. I have never seen a more hostile (to newcomers or individual opinion) forum.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:01 AM   #29

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
No, eFFing retarded is thinking FMJ won't kill you. I never said JHP won't kill you or that it's not more affective at doing so. Your opinion is noted and dismissed.
You can loosen a 3/4" nut with a pair of pliers, or you can use the tool that was specifically designed to do it ... 3/4" wrench.

Fmj vs HP analogy.

Ever notice that police and alphabet agencies don't use fmj for duty ammo? Why is that?
I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed

You can loosen a 3/4" nut with a pair of pliers, or you can use the tool that was specifically designed to do it ... 3/4" wrench.

Fmj vs HP analogy.

Ever notice that police and alphabet agencies don't use fmj for duty ammo? Why is that?
Call me crazy, but pretty much every firearm/bullet was designed to kill.

That being said, I choose to use the same ammo I am practiced and proficient with for self defense. I don't use crap surplus ammo, but I am not gonna use $30 per 50rd JHP for practice purposes. The fact is JHP or FMJ are both fully capable of inflicting mortal wounds. JHP is definitely the more specialized at doing this. I never said it wasn't.

So to take your analogy one step further. It like using a 3/4" Snap-On vs. using a 3/4" Craftsman.