Self D ammo in an M9? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Self D ammo in an M9?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tryzub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
M9 should be fine, however, get caught by the wrong "lawyer type" and you could get in trouble.
So I guess cops can shoot people with hollow points but nobody else? You cannot get in trouble for using hollow points in a "good shoot"!
__________________
tryzub is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,512
Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Default

A lot of things could combine to work against you in SD

trial scenario. Wrong place, time, situation, etc.

An over-zealous attorney can make things look

different than they were.

After all, let's face it, you did just shoot someone who,

at 0600, the day you shot him was just turning his life

around.

Let's face it, you get a Democratic judge, coupled with a

weeping mother, and you're sunk.

__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tryzub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
A lot of things could combine to work against you in SD

trial scenario. Wrong place, time, situation, etc.

An over-zealous attorney can make things look

different than they were.

After all, let's face it, you did just shoot someone who,

at 0600, the day you shot him was just turning his life

around.

Let's face it, you get a Democratic judge, coupled with a

weeping mother, and you're sunk.
I forgot about the weeping mother....
__________________
tryzub is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub

So I guess cops can shoot people with hollow points but nobody else? You cannot get in trouble for using hollow points in a "good shoot"!
Nooooo I misunderstood and thought he was military, and therefore not allowed to be used
__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pasco Cty.FL
Posts: 6,512
Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
So I guess cops can shoot people with hollow points but nobody else? You cannot get in trouble for using hollow points in a "good shoot"!
IIRC, if your life is truly threatened, you can shoot somebody regardless of

what type of bullets they have in their gun...
__________________
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wrecked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 123
Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Default

Shoot a BG with 3 rounds of JHP or 3 rounds of FMJ = just as dead. I use the same ammo for SD as I do at the range. Train like you fight and fight like you train. JMHO.

__________________
Wrecked is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 432
Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Well your opinion is wrong. FMJ's are in the military because the wound is easier to fix. FMJ's are the reason 9mm gets a bad rap, if a vital is not hit there is a much better chance at trauma to surrounding tissue and arteries using a +p hollow point. So still fight like you train just change your ammo before you fight and you stand a better chance.

__________________
oli700 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BlueTurf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boise,ID
Posts: 1,025
Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default

Yes, most of the popular brands of self-defense ammunition should feed through the different versions of the 92 just fine. I have the 92L Compact and the hollow points I have shot through it thus far have cycled through it with no problems. There are extreme versions of HPs that will cause feeding problems in a lot of auto loaders but most of them should work fine.

While we are on this subject, I have always thought it odd that the type of rifle and handgun ammo in combat is regulated while we use bombs and and big guns that blow people to bits.

__________________
BlueTurf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willfully armed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Olathe,JOCO KS
Posts: 1,998
Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
Shoot a BG with 3 rounds of JHP or 3 rounds of FMJ = just as dead. I use the same ammo for SD as I do at the range. Train like you fight and fight like you train. JMHO.
are you saying you run standard pressure ball ammo for defensive loads? That's just eFFing retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Well your opinion is wrong. FMJ's are in the military because the wound is easier to fix. FMJ's are the reason 9mm gets a bad rap, if a vital is not hit there is a much better chance at trauma to surrounding tissue and arteries using a +p hollow point. So still fight like you train just change your ammo before you fight and you stand a better chance.
........

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Nooooo I misunderstood and thought he was military, and therefore not allowed to be used
You are blinded like the majority of folks who simply believe what they're told to be solid fact. You are wrong about sole use of fmj. Research it yourself.
__________________

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

willfully armed is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 432
Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
While we are on this subject, I have always thought it odd that the type of rifle and handgun ammo in combat is regulated while we use bombs and and big guns that blow people to bits.
Because dead people don’t suffer, as far as being blown to bits, but I see your point. It is an attempt to look civilized, they probably base it off of statistics of success vs. failure in the operating room, more people getting shot than blown up, the Germans in WWI tried to get the shotgun "banned" and thought Americans that used the 12 ga trench shotgun were savages and not honorable warriors it was known as the German Protest of 1918
__________________
oli700 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ammo question about Aguila .22 LR Sniper Subsonic 60-gr ammo somawas .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 23 06-27-2012 11:21 PM
gunpowder - civilian ammo vs military ammo erandyc AR-15 Discussion 10 03-02-2012 06:32 PM
Reloading Ammo - Self Defense Ammo Arnie2toy Legal and Activism 51 09-23-2011 10:47 AM
45 cal. Ammo - Sources of Bulk Ammo for Practice? bf109 Semi-Auto Handguns 15 09-04-2011 07:44 PM
Revolver and rifle ammo - save of ammo??? jbscuba Revolver Handguns 20 11-21-2010 09:52 PM