Self D ammo in an M9? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Self D ammo in an M9?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
M9 should be fine, however, get caught by the wrong "lawyer type" and you could get in trouble.
So I guess cops can shoot people with hollow points but nobody else? You cannot get in trouble for using hollow points in a "good shoot"!

Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #12

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

A lot of things could combine to work against you in SD

trial scenario. Wrong place, time, situation, etc.

An over-zealous attorney can make things look

different than they were.

After all, let's face it, you did just shoot someone who,

at 0600, the day you shot him was just turning his life

around.

Let's face it, you get a Democratic judge, coupled with a

weeping mother, and you're sunk.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
A lot of things could combine to work against you in SD

trial scenario. Wrong place, time, situation, etc.

An over-zealous attorney can make things look

different than they were.

After all, let's face it, you did just shoot someone who,

at 0600, the day you shot him was just turning his life

around.

Let's face it, you get a Democratic judge, coupled with a

weeping mother, and you're sunk.
I forgot about the weeping mother....

Old 04-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #14

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub

So I guess cops can shoot people with hollow points but nobody else? You cannot get in trouble for using hollow points in a "good shoot"!
Nooooo I misunderstood and thought he was military, and therefore not allowed to be used

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 04-07-2012, 04:20 PM   #15

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryzub View Post
IIRC, if your life is truly threatened, you can shoot somebody regardless of

what type of bullets they have in their gun...

Old 04-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #16

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Shoot a BG with 3 rounds of JHP or 3 rounds of FMJ = just as dead. I use the same ammo for SD as I do at the range. Train like you fight and fight like you train. JMHO.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #17

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Well your opinion is wrong. FMJ's are in the military because the wound is easier to fix. FMJ's are the reason 9mm gets a bad rap, if a vital is not hit there is a much better chance at trauma to surrounding tissue and arteries using a +p hollow point. So still fight like you train just change your ammo before you fight and you stand a better chance.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #18

Liked 43 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Yes, most of the popular brands of self-defense ammunition should feed through the different versions of the 92 just fine. I have the 92L Compact and the hollow points I have shot through it thus far have cycled through it with no problems. There are extreme versions of HPs that will cause feeding problems in a lot of auto loaders but most of them should work fine.

While we are on this subject, I have always thought it odd that the type of rifle and handgun ammo in combat is regulated while we use bombs and and big guns that blow people to bits.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #19

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
Shoot a BG with 3 rounds of JHP or 3 rounds of FMJ = just as dead. I use the same ammo for SD as I do at the range. Train like you fight and fight like you train. JMHO.
are you saying you run standard pressure ball ammo for defensive loads? That's just eFFing retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Well your opinion is wrong. FMJ's are in the military because the wound is easier to fix. FMJ's are the reason 9mm gets a bad rap, if a vital is not hit there is a much better chance at trauma to surrounding tissue and arteries using a +p hollow point. So still fight like you train just change your ammo before you fight and you stand a better chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
Nooooo I misunderstood and thought he was military, and therefore not allowed to be used
You are blinded like the majority of folks who simply believe what they're told to be solid fact. You are wrong about sole use of fmj. Research it yourself.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #20

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
While we are on this subject, I have always thought it odd that the type of rifle and handgun ammo in combat is regulated while we use bombs and and big guns that blow people to bits.
Because dead people don’t suffer, as far as being blown to bits, but I see your point. It is an attempt to look civilized, they probably base it off of statistics of success vs. failure in the operating room, more people getting shot than blown up, the Germans in WWI tried to get the shotgun "banned" and thought Americans that used the 12 ga trench shotgun were savages and not honorable warriors it was known as the German Protest of 1918