Seeking Info on Dan Wesson or Kimber Custom
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Seeking Info on Dan Wesson or Kimber Custom

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Seeking Info on Dan Wesson or Kimber Custom

Does anyone have any information regarding a Dan Wesson 45 Caliber? I am considering purchasing one and would appreciate any information. I am also considering purchasing a Kimber Custom Crimson 45. Any information regarding either handgun would be great.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Welcome wmjosjr,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjosjr View Post
Does anyone have any information regarding a Dan Wesson 45 Caliber? I am considering purchasing one and would appreciate any information. I am also considering purchasing a Kimber Custom Crimson 45. Any information regarding either handgun would be great.

http://www.cz-usa.com/products_dan_wesson.php?m=1

http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/crimson_carry/

Buy a

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

The Kimber is American.

With my Kimber Compact II and a few years of practice, I was able to do this:

That's draining a magazine into an 8" steel at 50 yards in about 10 seconds.

Here is the little beast that was my help:

I defy you to find a CZ owner that can make the same claims.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I have a Dan Wesson Classic Commander Bobtail, or CBOB. It's probably the best all around 1911 I've ever owned.

Shoot both if you have an opportunity. You won't go wrong either way.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-12-2009, 05:02 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I heart my Kimber Compact. Beats the snot out of Mrs Freefall's Colt Officers ACP. She want's a Kimber. Gun show this weekend, Wasilla high school. Woo hoo.

Last edited by freefall; 01-12-2009 at 05:04 AM. Reason: ammend content

Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #6

I shoot a Kimber Custom .45 in IPSC and if I do my part, it never lets me down. There is no reason to doubt a Kimber for any reason----sure as I say that----I need to qualify the statement. Kimber is a production gun,like most any other,however,Kimber does tout the fact that they adhere to extremely tight standards---and they do ! Be aware that ANY manufacturer MAY produce--a "Lemon". The laws of probability are always with us.Even knowing
that, I urge you to consider a Kimber--because their "Lemons" are very,very few and far between ! I can't say that about all other manufacturers.
Please ,take your time and research as many forums as you can find for info.. My personal nod goes to Kimber,in that ,they are known for quality and
eventhough you have to pay for quality, a year from now, you won't be at all sorry !

Old 01-14-2009, 06:10 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by squib View Post
I shoot a Kimber Custom .45 in IPSC and if I do my part, it never lets me down. There is no reason to doubt a Kimber for any reason----sure as I say that----I need to qualify the statement. Kimber is a production gun,like most any other,however,Kimber does tout the fact that they adhere to extremely tight standards---and they do ! Be aware that ANY manufacturer MAY produce--a "Lemon". The laws of probability are always with us.Even knowing
that, I urge you to consider a Kimber--because their "Lemons" are very,very few and far between ! I can't say that about all other manufacturers.
Please ,take your time and research as many forums as you can find for info.. My personal nod goes to Kimber,in that ,they are known for quality and
eventhough you have to pay for quality, a year from now, you won't be at all sorry !
I'd count the lives of me and mine to mine, as you can see. It has only malfunctioned twice. They were both at the inept hand of my wife, and she carries a scar from the second attempt.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:34 PM   #8

Default Thank you !!

I'd like to thank everyone for there input. Plesae keep them coming.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:59 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

FYI, CZ owns Dan Wesson. However, they are still manufactured in upstate New York and their quality is outstanding.

Many of the parts in the CBOB are from Ed Brown. Do a little research on him and you will be impressed.

As I said earlier, they are both excellent pistols. However, I believe the CBOB is an incredible value for the price. It is much more pistol than the price would indicate.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-14-2010, 07:04 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I own two Kimbers and one custom built 1911 but my favorite above all others is my 2010 DW VBOB. The only thing that I didn't like were the stock G-10 thin grips on it so I switched them out for some standard thickness grips. If you do decide to buy a VBOB I would suggest you get the black "Duty Treatment" finish.

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Last edited by jackg; 12-14-2010 at 07:07 PM.