Sccy?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Sccy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Default Sccy?

I have seen many ads for this gun line but very few reviews. Looks like a slick carry pistol but wondering if it's worth my time to do more research and possibly buy. Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2013, 01:50 AM   #2

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I have one and I love it. Carry every day and it is great at the range. Can't speak to reliability over time because I've only had it a few months but so far, so good. Fits my hand great and is a real easy take down. Well put together - seems to be very well made.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemc
I have one and I love it. Carry every day and it is great at the range. Can't speak to reliability over time because I've only had it a few months but so far, so good. Fits my hand great and is a real easy take down. Well put together - seems to be very well made.
Looked on gun torture tests on youtube, gun works great. Great price too, lifetime warranty. I carry Glocks but am very open minded and like the fact it's American made.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:43 AM   #4

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

You might find this interesting and helpful:

http://gunblast.com/SCCY-CPX2.htm

Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

All I can say is the gun is a piece of crap. It's a knock-off of a kel-tec. And kel-tec's version is a knock-off of the ruger LC9. Honesty the LC9 is a damn fine gun with good reviews. You decide...

Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

My position on newly offered handguns is that if it still is being produced 3 years after introduction, then I would consider buying it.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

qwiksdraw Likes This 
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #7

Liked 125 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfwolcott75 View Post
All I can say is the gun is a piece of crap. It's a knock-off of a kel-tec. And kel-tec's version is a knock-off of the ruger LC9. Honesty the LC9 is a damn fine gun with good reviews. You decide...
I am curious, would you mind going past opinion and share with us what is so bad about the gun? When you went to shoot with one, what went wrong? What kind of problems did you have? That kind of information would be helpful. I have looked into getting one and want to learn a little more before buying.

A gun that looks like another gun that looks like yet another gun is something that doesn't bother me.

Last edited by qwiksdraw; 04-30-2013 at 11:32 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #8

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
I am curious, would you mind going past opinion and share with us what is so bad about the gun? When you went to shoot with one, what went wrong? What kind of problems did you have? That kind of information would be helpful. I have looked into getting one and want to learn a little more before buying.

A gun that looks like another gun that looks like yet another gun is something that doesn't bother me.
Same here.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

One ugly pistol IMO.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #10

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I purchased one in 2005 soon after they first came out (serial# 700+) under the brand name SKYY. I've shot about 2,000 rounds through mine over the years and haven't had any problems. It seems most malfunctions/problems that do happen occur during the first 200 rounds or less - usually with older CPX-1's - and after that, they work fine. SCCY had a few growing pains the first few years but since the updated CPX-1 was released 4 or 5 years ago and with the release of the new CPX-2 a couple of years later most people who own one seem happy. While I never had a reason to use it, from what I hear customer service is outstanding.

FYI it is no target pistol. I also wouldn't put it in the same class as my Colt's, Rugers, S&W's or SIGS and I wouldn't want to shoot more than 50 rounds at a time because it becomes uncomfortable. However, it cost a LOT less than any of those guns and mine will place three shots in a 2" circle at 50 feet. I paid $210 NIB for my gun in '05 and in my opinion, it's a bargain for a close range self-defense handgun. Would I buy another? Probably not since the one I have still works just fine. However, I did give one to my son as a birthday gift a few years ago if that says anything.

Last edited by rachilders; 04-30-2013 at 10:06 PM.