Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Sccy? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/sccy-89815/)

kmglocks 04-30-2013 02:25 AM

Sccy?
 
I have seen many ads for this gun line but very few reviews. Looks like a slick carry pistol but wondering if it's worth my time to do more research and possibly buy. Thoughts?

mikemc 04-30-2013 02:50 AM

I have one and I love it. Carry every day and it is great at the range. Can't speak to reliability over time because I've only had it a few months but so far, so good. Fits my hand great and is a real easy take down. Well put together - seems to be very well made.

kmglocks 04-30-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemc
I have one and I love it. Carry every day and it is great at the range. Can't speak to reliability over time because I've only had it a few months but so far, so good. Fits my hand great and is a real easy take down. Well put together - seems to be very well made.

Looked on gun torture tests on youtube, gun works great. Great price too, lifetime warranty. I carry Glocks but am very open minded and like the fact it's American made.

qwiksdraw 04-30-2013 03:43 AM

You might find this interesting and helpful:

http://gunblast.com/SCCY-CPX2.htm

rfwolcott75 04-30-2013 03:50 AM

All I can say is the gun is a piece of crap. It's a knock-off of a kel-tec. And kel-tec's version is a knock-off of the ruger LC9. Honesty the LC9 is a damn fine gun with good reviews. You decide...

danf_fl 04-30-2013 08:48 AM

My position on newly offered handguns is that if it still is being produced 3 years after introduction, then I would consider buying it.

qwiksdraw 04-30-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfwolcott75 (Post 1231676)
All I can say is the gun is a piece of crap. It's a knock-off of a kel-tec. And kel-tec's version is a knock-off of the ruger LC9. Honesty the LC9 is a damn fine gun with good reviews. You decide...

I am curious, would you mind going past opinion and share with us what is so bad about the gun? When you went to shoot with one, what went wrong? What kind of problems did you have? That kind of information would be helpful. I have looked into getting one and want to learn a little more before buying.

A gun that looks like another gun that looks like yet another gun is something that doesn't bother me.

blackxpress 04-30-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwiksdraw (Post 1231895)
I am curious, would you mind going past opinion and share with us what is so bad about the gun? When you went to shoot with one, what went wrong? What kind of problems did you have? That kind of information would be helpful. I have looked into getting one and want to learn a little more before buying.

A gun that looks like another gun that looks like yet another gun is something that doesn't bother me.

Same here.

Squawk 04-30-2013 08:17 PM

One ugly pistol IMO.

rachilders 04-30-2013 10:37 PM

I purchased one in 2005 soon after they first came out (serial# 700+) under the brand name SKYY. I've shot about 2,000 rounds through mine over the years and haven't had any problems. It seems most malfunctions/problems that do happen occur during the first 200 rounds or less - usually with older CPX-1's - and after that, they work fine. SCCY had a few growing pains the first few years but since the updated CPX-1 was released 4 or 5 years ago and with the release of the new CPX-2 a couple of years later most people who own one seem happy. While I never had a reason to use it, from what I hear customer service is outstanding.

FYI it is no target pistol. I also wouldn't put it in the same class as my Colt's, Rugers, S&W's or SIGS and I wouldn't want to shoot more than 50 rounds at a time because it becomes uncomfortable. However, it cost a LOT less than any of those guns and mine will place three shots in a 2" circle at 50 feet. I paid $210 NIB for my gun in '05 and in my opinion, it's a bargain for a close range self-defense handgun. Would I buy another? Probably not since the one I have still works just fine. However, I did give one to my son as a birthday gift a few years ago if that says anything.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.