Saturday range visits are VERY Dangerous!!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Saturday range visits are VERY Dangerous!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well guns are expensive here in NJ, they go for about MSRP price. While you can buy over the internet it does not come out a lot cheaper once you factor in shipping and what is typically a $50 FFL transfer fee. That said I got this one for $1,350 because it was "used". I put used in quotes because a guy bought it, took it home for an hour, came back and said he did not want it and wanted a Dan Wesson instead. The owner explained to him that he could not give him a full refund as it is technically used. So, his loss was my gain, as a new one in the case is selling for $1589.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Good for you I know that in CA it is the same you got to buy them locally when you find them sometimes the price it right sometimes not so much

Old 05-22-2013, 05:42 AM   #13

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster
I typically go to the range during the week, as it is much less crowded. I have visited four times on Saturday, and have found it a very dangerous activity and highly advise against it. On three of those four occasions I ended up making impulse gun purchases

This is what happened this Saturday:
And you regret it?
=)

Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #14
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3374 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I started going on Friday since i'm "Semi-Retired" and it's less crowded. But...that gives me more time to browse the displays in the shop.....:-)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 05-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I share the same problem. I have a friend that works at my local LGS. He calls me when new stuff makes it in. I have always wanted a Colt Gold Cup. Well he calls me and guess what came in and who knows when they will see another one. So of course I bought it, this coming after I bought a Colt Talo that came in a few weeks ago. What a great problem to have though

HOTTY TODDY!!!!
DrFootball Likes This 
Old 05-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #16

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

I want one of those birds head grip 45acp rugers in a bad way but hard to find in CA

Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 AM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbinster View Post
I typically go to the range during the week, as it is much less crowded. I have visited four times on Saturday, and have found it a very dangerous activity and highly advise against it. On three of those four occasions I ended up making impulse gun purchases

This is what happened this Saturday:

hmmmmm..........you seem to have the same problem as many of us here have. sorry to burst your ego, but you're preaching to the choir!

and i hate to inform you, but if you need to curb your desires to buy another gun, we are not the support group you were looking for. as a matter of fact, we would happily help you spend more money on more guns if able to!

but seriously, nice looking pistol and i hope you enjoy it!