S&W Sigma Series - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > S&W Sigma Series

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2731 Times on 1430 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Let me get this straight - you carry a Sigma? I nearly fell out of my chair when I read that. Nothing against them (except the trigger) but I'm really surprised you'd choose one of these for carry...
Yup! I cannot find a kydex holster for my 1006 so I only carry it in uniform (with 4 spare mags). I used to carry an STI 2011 but my agency decided we could not be trusted with single action autos . I got the 40C directly from S&W after I completed the Armorers school. $340 with night sites and two spare hi-caps was a price I could not pass up. I have a 9V ($259 new)at the house. It has never given me a hiccup.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I believe I just felt the orbit of the Earth shift a little...

Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger79 View Post
I've been finding really great deals on these and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I'm looking at the .40 caliber in particular. I like the stainless slide and. That its S&W.
mudslinger,
I had a Sigma 9mm and as everybody has said already the trigger is a bit sticky. I sent it back twice for work but it really never got where I wanted it to so I sold it to a small gun shop for $150. I ordered a Glock 19 to replace it and the trigger is great. I switched out the 5 lb. trigger for a 3.5lb with the quick re-set, it's awesome.
With Sigma's trigger I never knew where the break point was but Glock has no problem. Otherwise they are pretty much the same gun.
Jack

PS: It's a gun without a future, it's reputation is widely known and I guess you could call it the "EDSEL" of the semi-automatic handgun world.
Jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR