S&W Serial Number

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > S&W Serial Number

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Serial Number

I have a new S&W 4566TSW that I was curious as to the date of manufacturer. The serial number is BDX1XX. Is there somewhere I can go to find this info? I've searched in Google and S&W's website to no avail.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #2

I believe you can find the answer to your question in the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson 3rd Edition. I don't have mine handy to look it up but it has serial numbers by year of production in the back.

Dave

RSVN Oct '69 - May '71
PSCD Ret.

Old 06-05-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I looked it up in my 3rd ed. Catalog, but can't find a specific date for the BDX preface. Dates of manufacture were 2000-2004.

Nice pistol by the way.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 06-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #4

Thanks for checking into that. Maybe I'll write S&W and see if they can provide some info. It's a sweet looking/shooting pistol and a lucky find since it was NIB. It had been in a warehouse along with probably thousands more similar to it. When I received it from my FFL dealer the blue box was dusty but inside was all new with papers, fired case, lock and three magazines.