Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > S&w m&p40 vtac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 419 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 865

Default S&w m&p40 vtac

Hey guys, so I'm gonna be going to bootcamp soon and then am going to be stationed in NC. I currently own a Beretta M9 but there's no way i'm going to lug that beast around for CC up there. My buddy is going to buy my m9 and accessories for $550. I was at the range today looking around and the M&P40 VTAC caught my eye. The sights look great, it looks awesome, and most importantly it feels great in my hands. I know lots of people recommend a glock for CC but I can't bring myself to like the ergos. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this? I could get it for about $700 brand new, with the different sized grips and 2 mags. Thanks

Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-25-2014, 10:52 PM   #2
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2756 Times on 1898 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
Hey guys, so I'm gonna be going to bootcamp soon and then am going to be stationed in NC. I currently own a Beretta M9 but there's no way i'm going to lug that beast around for CC up there. My buddy is going to buy my m9 and accessories for $550. I was at the range today looking around and the M&P40 VTAC caught my eye. The sights look great, it looks awesome, and most importantly it feels great in my hands. I know lots of people recommend a glock for CC but I can't bring myself to like the ergos. Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this? I could get it for about $700 brand new, with the different sized grips and 2 mags. Thanks

Franklin

Marine? Or Army? Either way best of luck, and listen to your NCO's, they will teach you what you need to know to survive. Since you already have an M9 of your own, why not stay with something similar? An M9A1 is 1/4" shorter, the 92FC&FSC are 1/2" shorter, and the Px4 Storm, while slightly different internals tops out at 4", and there is both a 3.2" & 3.6" models as well...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*