s&w m&p 40 vs XD 40 vs. XDS 45.
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

s&w m&p 40 vs XD 40 vs. XDS 45.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default s&w m&p 40 vs XD 40 vs. XDS 45.

This is a general question I'm looking at a new handgun and I'm stuck between these 3 handguns. So if anyone has any of these guns could you tell me what you like and don't like about your gun and if they've jammed or cause any problems

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #2

Liked 353 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 53

This depends entirely on what you want.

If you value slim and sub-compact carry, XDs45 wins hands down. It's a good gun and the other two aren't nearly as tiny and (for most) convenient to conceal in any attire. For a do-it-all utility pistol, the XDs comes in last place. I would never choose one as a primary HD, woods, or range gun. It's a carry specific design. It's great in that role, and less than ideal in any other.

I would prefer an M&P40 to an XD40. But I would choose an XDm over the M&P. Probably not so coincidentally, the prices you'll see on these guns are likely to reflect those preferences. These are all good pistols (and there are probably a dozen or so similarly priced polymers of similar quality worth considering as well). The decision should be dictated entirely by your personal preferences.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

I've not owned the m&p so no comment on that but I have carried the xd 40 sub compact and sold it and now I carry the xds 45... as far as my option on the 2 ... I really liked the 40 sub comp.. but it was a double stack and a bit wide to comfortably carry... the xds ( as said above is an ideal carry with a big bite) but I will say of all the guns I own the xds is my edc... camping... CC... hunting back up... fishing.. everything... and it holds up to its name... extreme duty

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Thank you both very much I've been leaning towards the XDS and your comments have answered my questions thank you.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 02-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Anytime..

More people armed, less crime...
Less people armed, more crime...
you can't have both!! ( Ted Nugent)

Old 02-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #6

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I actually just got rid of my M&P 40c, it was a very nice gun, it felt good, shot good, and they look really good. I only got rid of it because I had a chance to get a Springfield Armory "Loaded" 1911. Now I have never been a fan of the XD, but its just personal preference, I just dont like the way that they feel or look, ive had 2 XD40s and didnt keep them very long

Newest Threads