S&w 5906
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

S&w 5906

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default S&w 5906

I have a Smith and Wesson 5906 that out of all my weapons is my favorite! She always is dead on and never fails me! Does anyone else have this weapon and love it as much as I do? I have it in 9mm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by synical View Post
I have a Smith and Wesson 5906 that out of all my weapons is my favorite! She always is dead on and never fails me! Does anyone else have this weapon and love it as much as I do? I have it in 9mm
I picked one up last week. She shoots quite well, but I have a few minor quibbles:

1) The slide release lever is too far forward. To release the slide means changing my grip to bring my thumb forward and then back again. I.e., I cannot release the slide and maintain the normal shooting grip.

2) Takedown is a bit of a bear. There's a small dimple on the right side of the frame that needs to be depressed while pulling the slide to the rear. It's not very easy despite knowing exactly what to do.

3) Trigger is heavy on that first DA, probably the heaviest of all my guns.

I like the gun though.. Shoots wonderfully, comfortable (though the grip is a tad on the large side), feels solid, and durable.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindOldMan View Post
I picked one up last week. She shoots quite well, but I have a few minor quibbles:

1) The slide release lever is too far forward. To release the slide means changing my grip to bring my thumb forward and then back again. I.e., I cannot release the slide and maintain the normal shooting grip.

2) Takedown is a bit of a bear. There's a small dimple on the right side of the frame that needs to be depressed while pulling the slide to the rear. It's not very easy despite knowing exactly what to do.

3) Trigger is heavy on that first DA, probably the heaviest of all my guns.

I like the gun though.. Shoots wonderfully, comfortable (though the grip is a tad on the large side), feels solid, and durable.
I have one and it is the cheapest I own (bought used for $300) but probably my best...though not my favorite.

I don't have a problem with the take-down but annoyed with the assembly having to have 3 things to push down for the slide to fully move back in.

I shortened the main hammer spring (by 2 coils) and it improved the DA trigger pull a lot.

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 06-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #4

Liked 927 Times on 590 Posts
Likes Given: 1036

I have a old school model 59. I like it, but its a big double-stacked brick....

Old 06-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

once you break it down a couple of times you get use to how the slide works with the pin! and yes I agree it does have a hard pull on the first shot however if you cock the hammer back she is a very easy pull!