S&w 3913
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > S&w 3913

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&w 3913

still on CA approved handgun list although no longer manufactured: anyone have one? anyone with any experiece with one? anyone with any comments regarding this semi-auto?

although i think i'm a revolver person, i've read good thing about this pistol. but before i start to search for it [well, i sort have already], i'd like to hear from users. i think i'm a bit concerned re its aluminum body although it has a stainless steel barrel. it is heavier than my .357 s&w 60 snubbie [which i love] so i'm not quite sure why i'm worried about recoil..........

does the 3913 have any advantages or disadvantages over a Glock 19?

movie zombie

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default 3913

The 3913 is MUCH thinner than the Grock. Much more concealable. fits the hand better.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #3

and the model 39 predecessor to the 3913: thin?

movie zombie

Old 09-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just picked up a used one on a trade. I had a lc9 and couldn't get used to the long trigger. It was reliable as heck but forget hitting anything at a distance due to trigger pull. I even had a CT laser on it. The guy before me sold it to me for the same reason. It was really too heavy for pocket carry as well. The 3913 I took on trade was so sweet. Good looking and 400 round so far no issues. At 10 yards close to one ragged hole groups. I've never shot as good as I have with this gun. Recoil is so controllable that you won't even notice it. Very thin and comfortable to carry but not a pocket gun unless you got deep ones. About the same weight as an all steel sp101or model 60. I promise you can put a bunch more rounts in kill zone with 3913 though. The older brother 39 shot about as high as you can get from a hand gun on midway ccw test. Ck it out on youtube.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

One of the best semi's that S&W ever made.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #6

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357
One of the best semi's that S&W ever made.
Yup! Very solid, accurate, reliable, and easy to fieldstrip and clean. Love mine, DA/SA is almost as good as SAO!!

Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #7

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2cycles
I just picked up a used one on a trade. I had a lc9 and couldn't get used to the long trigger. It was reliable as heck but forget hitting anything at a distance due to trigger pull. I even had a CT laser on it. The guy before me sold it to me for the same reason. It was really too heavy for pocket carry as well. The 3913 I took on trade was so sweet. Good looking and 400 round so far no issues. At 10 yards close to one ragged hole groups. I've never shot as good as I have with this gun. Recoil is so controllable that you won't even notice it. Very thin and comfortable to carry but not a pocket gun unless you got deep ones. About the same weight as an all steel sp101or model 60. I promise you can put a bunch more rounts in kill zone with 3913 though. The older brother 39 shot about as high as you can get from a hand gun on midway ccw test. Ck it out on youtube.
Yeah, I too am finding that I'm VERY anti-dual action, but I still carry my LC9 over the 3913 because of weight and size/concealability.