Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   S&w 3913 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/s-w-3913-a-1740/)

moviezombie 08-17-2007 08:33 PM

S&w 3913

still on CA approved handgun list although no longer manufactured: anyone have one? anyone with any experiece with one? anyone with any comments regarding this semi-auto?

although i think i'm a revolver person, i've read good thing about this pistol. but before i start to search for it [well, i sort have already], i'd like to hear from users. i think i'm a bit concerned re its aluminum body although it has a stainless steel barrel. it is heavier than my .357 s&w 60 snubbie [which i love] so i'm not quite sure why i'm worried about recoil..........

does the 3913 have any advantages or disadvantages over a Glock 19?

movie zombie

robocop10mm 08-17-2007 09:55 PM

The 3913 is MUCH thinner than the Grock. Much more concealable. fits the hand better.

moviezombie 08-18-2007 12:22 AM

and the model 39 predecessor to the 3913: thin?

movie zombie

n2cycles 09-11-2012 01:38 AM

I just picked up a used one on a trade. I had a lc9 and couldn't get used to the long trigger. It was reliable as heck but forget hitting anything at a distance due to trigger pull. I even had a CT laser on it. The guy before me sold it to me for the same reason. It was really too heavy for pocket carry as well. The 3913 I took on trade was so sweet. Good looking and 400 round so far no issues. At 10 yards close to one ragged hole groups. I've never shot as good as I have with this gun. Recoil is so controllable that you won't even notice it. Very thin and comfortable to carry but not a pocket gun unless you got deep ones. About the same weight as an all steel sp101or model 60. I promise you can put a bunch more rounts in kill zone with 3913 though. The older brother 39 shot about as high as you can get from a hand gun on midway ccw test. Ck it out on youtube.

CA357 09-11-2012 07:44 PM

One of the best semi's that S&W ever made.

BeyondTheBox 09-11-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357
One of the best semi's that S&W ever made.

Yup! Very solid, accurate, reliable, and easy to fieldstrip and clean. Love mine, DA/SA is almost as good as SAO!!

BeyondTheBox 09-11-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2cycles
I just picked up a used one on a trade. I had a lc9 and couldn't get used to the long trigger. It was reliable as heck but forget hitting anything at a distance due to trigger pull. I even had a CT laser on it. The guy before me sold it to me for the same reason. It was really too heavy for pocket carry as well. The 3913 I took on trade was so sweet. Good looking and 400 round so far no issues. At 10 yards close to one ragged hole groups. I've never shot as good as I have with this gun. Recoil is so controllable that you won't even notice it. Very thin and comfortable to carry but not a pocket gun unless you got deep ones. About the same weight as an all steel sp101or model 60. I promise you can put a bunch more rounts in kill zone with 3913 though. The older brother 39 shot about as high as you can get from a hand gun on midway ccw test. Ck it out on youtube.

Yeah, I too am finding that I'm VERY anti-dual action, but I still carry my LC9 over the 3913 because of weight and size/concealability.