Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > S/A Trigger for cz75 spo1.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 346 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Default S/A Trigger for cz75 spo1.

Qust received my S/A trigger today. Fitted it earlier great job just got dry firing it will have to get to the range later. Takes a bit of time lots of springs and small parts to loss beware. Will update after after trying it at range.

Photo below.

012.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5073 Times on 2885 Posts
Likes Given: 4237

Why would you want a SA trigger???

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Why would you want a SA trigger???

Why would i want a D/A trigger for the range. Why do people like the single action trigger on the 1911. SA Trigger Lighter weight for faster reset time. Pre and Over Travel Adjustment Screws.
The only reason that D/A pistols exists is so it can be carried safely with a round in the chamber. The price you pay in long pull in double action and in single action compared with a S/A trigger. As i only use it for the range no need to carry with a round in the chamber.

Last edited by manta; 10-03-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #4

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

There are benefits to each. Personally, I prefer DAO or SAO. No DA/SA for me. I like having the exact same trigger pull each and every single time.

SAO is now my preferred overall since getting my 1911

Old 10-04-2012, 04:44 AM   #5

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta
Qust received my S/A trigger today. Fitted it earlier great job just got dry firing it will have to get to the range later. Takes a bit of time lots of springs and small parts to loss beware. Will update after after trying it at range.

Photo below.
I'm on the app and the pic was small and I thought you had a handgun with a grip on it, I was about to be concerned for your safety till I saw it was just a mag.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #6

Liked 59 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Okay, so I guess I am not all that familiar with the CZ 75 - but I "thought" that this gun was very similar to (or clone of) a Browning Hi Power. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
I guess I just figured that it would come with a SAO trigger (as the Hi Power does). But I guess this is not the case(?)
Anyway, good job on the trigger fitting. I could see wanting to do the same thing. I also prefer either a SAO or DAO trigger.

Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Okay, so I guess I am not all that familiar with the CZ 75 - but I "thought" that this gun was very similar to (or clone of) a Browning Hi Power. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
I guess I just figured that it would come with a SAO trigger (as the Hi Power does). But I guess this is not the case(?)
The 75b comes DA/SA, and most with a thumb safety (some do have decockers). So there's really no reason you'd ever have to shoot it in double action anyway.

Rack the slide to chamber a round (hammer is now cocked)...and lock the safety. Good to go for carry, home defense, whatever. And 100% of the trigger pulls end up being single action.

Unless I'm missing something (and I do own one), a shooter would literally have to go out of their way to fire a stock CZ 75b in double action.

So technically: It's a DA/SA, since it's capable of being reduced to double action.
Realistically: It'll function as a 100% SAO, unless you choose to decock it.

Last edited by sweeper22; 10-04-2012 at 04:13 PM.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
The 75b comes DA/SA, and most with a thumb safety (some do have decockers). So there's really no reason you'd ever have to shoot it in double action anyway.

Rack the slide to chamber a round (hammer is now cocked)...and lock the safety. Good to go for carry, home defense, whatever. And 100% of the trigger pulls end up being single action.

Unless I'm missing something (and I do own one), a shooter would literally have to go out of their way to fire a stock CZ 75b in double action.

So technically: It's a DA/SA, since it's capable of being reduced to double action.
Realistically: It'll function as a 100% SAO, unless you choose to decock it.

True but its a service pistol and the police and military in most cases don't like carrying cocked and safety on. The DA gives the option to carry round in chamber hammer down. So to shoot in that condition you would be using D/A for the first round. The CZ 75 even in single action has a long take up before firing which is fine for what it was designed for a service pistol. But for the range the S/A trigger is a big improvement the take up on the trigger can be adjusted to suit the shooter.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You can also purchase a single action only 75B. I have one and it's my favorite pistol. The model name is the 75B SA.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #10

Liked 59 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Thanks for the info guys...
I have never owned or fired one of these before, but this is a great pistol (has a great reputation). I enjoyed learning more about it.