Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   S/A Trigger for cz75 spo1. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/s-trigger-cz75-spo1-73585/)

manta 10-02-2012 08:16 PM

S/A Trigger for cz75 spo1.

1 Attachment(s)
Qust received my S/A trigger today. Fitted it earlier great job just got dry firing it will have to get to the range later. Takes a bit of time lots of springs and small parts to loss beware. Will update after after trying it at range.

Photo below.

locutus 10-03-2012 06:42 PM

Why would you want a SA trigger???:confused::confused:

manta 10-03-2012 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 963086)
Why would you want a SA trigger???:confused::confused:

Why would i want a D/A trigger for the range. Why do people like the single action trigger on the 1911. SA Trigger Lighter weight for faster reset time. Pre and Over Travel Adjustment Screws.
The only reason that D/A pistols exists is so it can be carried safely with a round in the chamber. The price you pay in long pull in double action and in single action compared with a S/A trigger. As i only use it for the range no need to carry with a round in the chamber.

trip286 10-03-2012 08:26 PM

There are benefits to each. Personally, I prefer DAO or SAO. No DA/SA for me. I like having the exact same trigger pull each and every single time.

SAO is now my preferred overall since getting my 1911

Garadex 10-04-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta
Qust received my S/A trigger today. Fitted it earlier great job just got dry firing it will have to get to the range later. Takes a bit of time lots of springs and small parts to loss beware. Will update after after trying it at range.

Photo below.

I'm on the app and the pic was small and I thought you had a handgun with a grip on it, I was about to be concerned for your safety till I saw it was just a mag.

bartwatkins 10-04-2012 03:42 PM

Okay, so I guess I am not all that familiar with the CZ 75 - but I "thought" that this gun was very similar to (or clone of) a Browning Hi Power. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
I guess I just figured that it would come with a SAO trigger (as the Hi Power does). But I guess this is not the case(?)
Anyway, good job on the trigger fitting. I could see wanting to do the same thing. I also prefer either a SAO or DAO trigger.

sweeper22 10-04-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bartwatkins (Post 964036)
Okay, so I guess I am not all that familiar with the CZ 75 - but I "thought" that this gun was very similar to (or clone of) a Browning Hi Power. Please correct me if I am wrong about that.
I guess I just figured that it would come with a SAO trigger (as the Hi Power does). But I guess this is not the case(?)

The 75b comes DA/SA, and most with a thumb safety (some do have decockers). So there's really no reason you'd ever have to shoot it in double action anyway.

Rack the slide to chamber a round (hammer is now cocked)...and lock the safety. Good to go for carry, home defense, whatever. And 100% of the trigger pulls end up being single action.

Unless I'm missing something (and I do own one), a shooter would literally have to go out of their way to fire a stock CZ 75b in double action.

So technically: It's a DA/SA, since it's capable of being reduced to double action.
Realistically: It'll function as a 100% SAO, unless you choose to decock it.

manta 10-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 964052)
The 75b comes DA/SA, and most with a thumb safety (some do have decockers). So there's really no reason you'd ever have to shoot it in double action anyway.

Rack the slide to chamber a round (hammer is now cocked)...and lock the safety. Good to go for carry, home defense, whatever. And 100% of the trigger pulls end up being single action.

Unless I'm missing something (and I do own one), a shooter would literally have to go out of their way to fire a stock CZ 75b in double action.

So technically: It's a DA/SA, since it's capable of being reduced to double action.
Realistically: It'll function as a 100% SAO, unless you choose to decock it.

True but its a service pistol and the police and military in most cases don't like carrying cocked and safety on. The DA gives the option to carry round in chamber hammer down. So to shoot in that condition you would be using D/A for the first round. The CZ 75 even in single action has a long take up before firing which is fine for what it was designed for a service pistol. But for the range the S/A trigger is a big improvement the take up on the trigger can be adjusted to suit the shooter.

Windlestick 10-04-2012 08:56 PM

You can also purchase a single action only 75B. I have one and it's my favorite pistol. The model name is the 75B SA.

bartwatkins 10-04-2012 09:26 PM

Thanks for the info guys...
I have never owned or fired one of these before, but this is a great pistol (has a great reputation). I enjoyed learning more about it.