rules

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > rules

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Default rules

Several years ago I shot a friends S&W 645 and I was impressed- guess that sorta dates me. So the next gun show I started looking and eventually found one and it came home with me. Every time I took it out I was discouraged -good groups, but high. That rear sight was as cranked down as a Bomar can get. So my prize gradually migrated to the back of the safe.
I happened to be reading a topic when I came across an off hand comment that someone observed that on some of their guns when placed upside down on a flat surface the line of sight was such that the axis of the bore pointed upward.
This would mean that the trajectory would never cross the line of sight. Gol-that won't work! Heavy bullet moving slowly down the barrel and recoil forces the muzzle up before the bullet leaves the barrel.
I had been following the rule "move your rear sight in the direction you want the bullet impact to move" . In this case moving the rear sight up brought the groups down. Exceptions for rules.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

IMHE, I've found I have to do what works for me.

Sorry, NOT jumping in the lake just because everyone else did...