Ruger's LCP .380 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger's LCP .380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
Kel-tec was the same price as my LCP. Same store, side by side. The LCP looked better, felt like a better built gun, and fit my hand the same (go figure). They wouldn't let me fire either in the store so I had to make my best choice. Better fit and finish, no brainer.
The Kel Tec was marked up to the price of the LCP?? Down here, the P3AT is a hundred bucks less...

Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #12

Quote:
The Kel Tec was marked up to the price of the LCP?? Down here, the P3AT is a hundred bucks less...
Same price at $300.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

At the gun show in Ft Worth Saturday, Ruger LCP's were going for about $315.00 and Kel Tec P3AT were going for $259.95. CZ-82 in .380 caliber were going for $170.00 including 2 double stack magazines.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #14

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Today I saw a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Ruger LCP both priced at $249.99 each. I asked the clerk which was selling better, and he stated that everyone was buying out the Ruger. I guess everyone is going for brand name, because they are pretty much the same pistol.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Today I saw a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Ruger LCP both priced at $249.99 each. I asked the clerk which was selling better, and he stated that everyone was buying out the Ruger. I guess everyone is going for brand name, because they are pretty much the same pistol.
A buddy of mine just bought an LCP the other day. So I got a chance to look it over more closely. The fit & finish is excellent. It clearly weighs more than my Ket Tec and it feels more solid. I didn't shoot it but I will this weekend. He paid 259.95 for his... That's a reasonable price.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #16

Ruger LCP = Kel-Tec P3AT = Junk.

Given Ruger's treatment of gun owners and 2nd Amendment support, why would you support them in the first place?

Second, if you're going to carry something to defend your life the .380 is a poor starting point and any Kel-Tec product is a step backwards. Heather, my LE writer carrys a Kahr PM9 in 9mm as her bug and shoots the crap out of it. If you shop around you can get them used for a decent price and the quality (fit and finish is a horrible term to describe functionality) and reliability is worlds ahead of any Ruger/Kel-Tec product. Just my .02 kopeks.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTE View Post
Ruger LCP = Kel-Tec P3AT = Junk.

Given Ruger's treatment of gun owners and 2nd Amendment support, why would you support them in the first place?

Second, if you're going to carry something to defend your life the .380 is a poor starting point and any Kel-Tec product is a step backwards. Heather, my LE writer carrys a Kahr PM9 in 9mm as her bug and shoots the crap out of it. If you shop around you can get them used for a decent price and the quality (fit and finish is a horrible term to describe functionality) and reliability is worlds ahead of any Ruger/Kel-Tec product. Just my .02 kopeks.
And your opintion is worth exactly what I paid for it...