Ruger's LCP .380 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger's LCP .380

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,865
Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
Kel-tec was the same price as my LCP. Same store, side by side. The LCP looked better, felt like a better built gun, and fit my hand the same (go figure). They wouldn't let me fire either in the store so I had to make my best choice. Better fit and finish, no brainer.
The Kel Tec was marked up to the price of the LCP?? Down here, the P3AT is a hundred bucks less...
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bgeddes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 441
Default

Quote:
The Kel Tec was marked up to the price of the LCP?? Down here, the P3AT is a hundred bucks less...
Same price at $300.
__________________
bgeddes is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,865
Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

At the gun show in Ft Worth Saturday, Ruger LCP's were going for about $315.00 and Kel Tec P3AT were going for $259.95. CZ-82 in .380 caliber were going for $170.00 including 2 double stack magazines.

__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:39 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
SGT-MILLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,354
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Today I saw a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Ruger LCP both priced at $249.99 each. I asked the clerk which was selling better, and he stated that everyone was buying out the Ruger. I guess everyone is going for brand name, because they are pretty much the same pistol.

__________________
SGT-MILLER is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,865
Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Today I saw a Kel-Tec P3AT and a Ruger LCP both priced at $249.99 each. I asked the clerk which was selling better, and he stated that everyone was buying out the Ruger. I guess everyone is going for brand name, because they are pretty much the same pistol.
A buddy of mine just bought an LCP the other day. So I got a chance to look it over more closely. The fit & finish is excellent. It clearly weighs more than my Ket Tec and it feels more solid. I didn't shoot it but I will this weekend. He paid 259.95 for his... That's a reasonable price.
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:22 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 114
Default

Ruger LCP = Kel-Tec P3AT = Junk.

Given Ruger's treatment of gun owners and 2nd Amendment support, why would you support them in the first place?

Second, if you're going to carry something to defend your life the .380 is a poor starting point and any Kel-Tec product is a step backwards. Heather, my LE writer carrys a Kahr PM9 in 9mm as her bug and shoots the crap out of it. If you shop around you can get them used for a decent price and the quality (fit and finish is a horrible term to describe functionality) and reliability is worlds ahead of any Ruger/Kel-Tec product. Just my .02 kopeks.

__________________
KellyTTE is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bedford Texas
Posts: 2,865
Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyTTE View Post
Ruger LCP = Kel-Tec P3AT = Junk.

Given Ruger's treatment of gun owners and 2nd Amendment support, why would you support them in the first place?

Second, if you're going to carry something to defend your life the .380 is a poor starting point and any Kel-Tec product is a step backwards. Heather, my LE writer carrys a Kahr PM9 in 9mm as her bug and shoots the crap out of it. If you shop around you can get them used for a decent price and the quality (fit and finish is a horrible term to describe functionality) and reliability is worlds ahead of any Ruger/Kel-Tec product. Just my .02 kopeks.
And your opintion is worth exactly what I paid for it...
__________________
*** Don't Mess With TEXAS ***
Μολὼν λάβε
Mark F is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Ruger's NEW .327 Federal Magnum Mark F Revolver Handguns 15 01-01-2009 10:01 PM