Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > A Ruger value meal.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default A Ruger value meal.....

.....I already own a SR40 (stainless slide) and it looks like Saturday I'll be picking up a few more Rugers to add to the collection/family. Shortly, I'll be the new owner of a couple used ones: a LC9 and a P95 (stainless slide). Actually, the P95 is really called a P95DC. I don't know exactly what that is, but from what I have searched up so far is that it's an older model and DC stands for de-cocker. I need to do some more homework on it though for sure.

I've done a bunch of studying on the site about these two in the past and have heard almost nothing but positive things about them. So when I came across the ad the other day, I thought it was kind of cool to find them both for sale by the same person. I asked him about a "package" deal if I took both of them off his hands and after a few e-mails, we agreed on a price ($580).

Just thought I'd share (my first thread besides my introduction) with some of my new-found friends and see if anybody think it's a pretty killer deal like I do......or if there is anything else that may need to be brought to my attention about it. Thanks for reading.

http://www.texasguntrader.com/index.php?a=2&b=215697

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #2

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

The DC does indeed stand for De Cocker -
Hard to beat them Rugers---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thank you Sir Hoss, can't wait to pick 'em up.

I'm guessing it's not The Deal Of The Century (or anywhere close) like I had thought it may be.......they're not flocking in by the dozens to comment, are they? With 50+ views and only your post, I guess I'll just pick them up quietly and shuffle about my way.

You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You might not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home the first two things you're going to do are: 1) Call someone with a gun. 2) Pray they get there in time. - Unknown

Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568 View Post
Thank you Sir Hoss, can't wait to pick 'em up.

I'm guessing it's not The Deal Of The Century (or anywhere close) like I had thought it may be.......they're not flocking in by the dozens to comment, are they? With 50+ views and only your post, I guess I'll just pick them up quietly and shuffle about my way.
If I was in the market I would
The little LC9 is pretty popular these days- The P95 will last a loooong time & still have a following.

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #5

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

That's not a bad price for two used Rugers. I have got the LC9 and carry it most days and an "old" P85Mk II that is the predecessor to the P95, still shooting great almost 20 years since I bought it used.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

These look great from the pics... Pretty decent price too. Tell him to keep the sharp knife out of the trigger!! .. Sorry had to.. Good luck with them!

Old 07-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Pick up one of the 30 round mags for the P95 for some hellacious plinking fun.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the comments, it helps us newer folks a lot to know that our searching/studying/learning pays off when we make a decision like this.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwb8568 View Post
Thanks for the comments, it helps us newer folks a lot to know that our
Quote:
searching/studying/learning pays off
when we make a decision like this.
It truly does pay to spend sum time instead of money
Sides- everybody knows us Texicans are "thrifty"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 PM   #10

Liked 139 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I shot an SR9C today and was very impressed. It will be my next purchase. I love the versatility it provides and it shoots very nice. Great trigger.