Ruger SR9c trigger job
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Ruger SR9c trigger job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Default Ruger SR9c trigger job

I don't know how many times this has been posted but I'm about to do mine because basically I ******* hate the trigger & I noticed the smaller trigger spring. I bet if I made it heavier it'd probably help drop the pounds a little. I'm not cutting my striker spring. What do y'all think? What about the aftermarket transfer bar?

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Look into the Ghost Trigger system. I have them in my Glocks and I know they make them for the SR series Rugers. Pretty simple and quick to do in a Glock...I bet the Ruger is just as easy.

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 06-26-2011, 02:04 AM   #3

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Thanks. I ordered the Ghost Ultimate.

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 06-26-2011, 04:34 AM   #4

I have an SR9. I wasn't too worried about the trigger, but decided to upgrade it anyway. I got myself the Ghost trigger bar, I think it was the Ultimate. I would really recommend it. It drops about 2 pounds off the trigger pull. You'll need to know how to detail strip the pistol in order to do this upgrade. It's pretty simple, just try to make sure you don't lose any parts. There are videos on youtube that explain how to detail strip, follow them.

Galloway Precision mainly does Ruger SR9/40 parts. I got a polished aluminum striker indicator, and the stainless mag release. I didn't notice much of a difference with the striker indicator, and it was kind of a pain to put in.....might not be missing out on much if you pass on that. The stainless mag release did take some grit out of the mag release.....only downfall is one side is extended about 1/4". I'm thinking about grinding it down and sanding both sides flat so it matches, but I'm not too worried about how it looks right now.

If you're looking for a real clean pull and crisp break, you probably won't get there with this gun. But I have really enjoyed slingin' some rounds down range with it. Enjoy.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #5

Most factory trigger wear in to an acceptable level of performance after a bit of breaking in, 500 rounds or so. Iv'e found they keep getting better with round count.