Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > ruger sr9c slide release?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 02:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ruger sr9c slide release?

does anyone else have the problem that they cannot release the slide with the thumb release? does the slide have to be broken in?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #2

Liked 4451 Times on 2349 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Thats the way they are. One reason i am not interested in them.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #3

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I never use the slide stop to drop the slide, so it would be a non-issue for me.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

They are very stiff when new but do loosen up some after a few trips to the range. I notice that some people will use any excuse not to buy a particular model gun. Anyone have any idea why that would be?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have an SR9c, and the slide release is a little stiff, but nothing unmanegable. It'll get better over time I believe. I don't know why it's stiff, but I do know that at first the trigger seemed very stiff, but now I've gotten use to it.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 08-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The slide release on my sr9c is stiff when i have an emty mag in it the mag is keepin preasure on the release but is no trouble at all is there is a round in the mag. my other Ruger semi autos have all been the same when new

Dave

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"
Denis Diderot

Old 08-01-2011, 11:08 PM   #7

Liked 761 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

The slide release should be stiffer with an empty mag as the follower is exerting upward pressure on the slide catch. Once a fresh mag is loaded the top round no longer contacts the catch. A loose follower can allow the slide to release and close with no round chambered, a potentially fatal situation if you are in a SD encounter and need to reload.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #8

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 532

i have a sr9c and its is a sweet pistol. but my onley complaints would be what has been stated. the trigger is well probly the worst trigger i own. and the slide relase after i shoot a few mags takes both hands to use. haha. but besides that i love it.. the trigger can be fixed. hopefully after awhile the slide will be a little easier

Old 08-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #9

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Mine works fine - not like a 1911 but hey- it aint a 1911

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #10

Liked 972 Times on 645 Posts
Likes Given: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Mine works fine - not like a 1911 but hey- it aint a 1911
im spoiled, my xd is super light. i barely touch the trigger or release and its good to go.. i love it