Ruger SR 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger SR 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger SR 9

Bought a new Ruger SR 9 Friday and can't pick up until Thursday they had to order one. My question is anyone that owns this gun please give me the good the bad and the ugly.
Second question is does anyone one know where I can get some 17 round clips for this gun. My dealer is out and can't get any for atleast a month for 30 bucks. I don't want to wait for that long please help out a new member.
Thanks Gary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default About Magazines

Ammoclip ($41...)

In Bud's ($24.99)

In CDNN Investmets ($29.99)

Cheaper Than Dirt ($34.99)

Impact Guns ($29.99)
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #3

AsmelEduardo thanks I overlooked them while on bud's website. I just can't see paying 35 to 40 bucks for new clips. I will order some if my dealer has not found some when I pick up my new toy this week. I'm like a 8 year old on christmas night. I hope ups hurrys up.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:47 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Just to be a turd.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:35 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

g- how's the SR9 treating you? I've had one for 5-6 months and have around 500 rounds thru it without any issues. Mine shoots nice-no complaints!

Old 09-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've shot my neighbor's SR9 and have nothing but good things to say about it. It fits the hand very well, providing a lot of natural contact, and it's weighty enough to keep muzzle-flip to a minimum. You're gonn'a love it.

Here's another option for the 17-round mags. I've bought from them before and have no complaints: Ruger P Series Gun Magazines

Old 09-08-2009, 01:57 AM   #7

I have a Ruger SR9 and really like it. One of the main reasons I chose this model was the lighter weight and thinner grip, partly because this is the gun I'll be carrying concealed MOB.

I was a little concerned while researching the SR9 because I read some reports of frequent jamming, but it turned out not to be a problem. I've put about a thousand rounds through it so far. I had one jam but that was while running some cheap ammo through it. The slide is a bit difficult for me to pull back but my husband has no problem. It may just be my technique.

There is also a special I took advantage of for a Viridian green laser, normally $299 but with proof of receipt of a new SR9 it's only $149. The coupon and offer should have come along with your new pistol. I discovered that the laser doesn't help me much, but it sure is a very cool thing anyway.

I also think it's a nice looking gun.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Office Depot has some real pretty ones!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 466 Times on 340 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Hey,, those are nice cane,,,,,,,,,,. My wife has an SR9 and enjoys it very much. It seemed very ammunition picky, having a definite liking for Winchester fodder over Fiocchi, Remington, Magtech, but I think it just needed a fair amount of rounds through it for break in purposes. We still only shoot Winchesters,,, found a very good deal on bulk rounds early last fall,, but I think it would be more tolerant now. It shoots well and serves my wife well, it came with 2 magazines and a loading aid,, saves the thumb for sure.
Good pistol, but I put my trust in my old 1911, it has never failed me.

Good shooting,
Jeff

Old 01-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default My only problem with mine.....

....is it goes "CLICK!!!" instead of "BANG!!!!" after only 17 bangs.!!!! LOL
Seriously, I've only had mine for about 4 months and the way ammo seems to fly off the shelfs, I make sure I've got enough for 3 full magazines when I get home from the "range" (read someone's field w/a berm).