Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Ruger or springfield?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ruger-springfield-70180/)

sammeee86 08-12-2012 11:41 PM

Ruger or springfield??

Which do you prefer? I work in a gun department and want to know what's your fave handgun and why?? :)

CourtJester 08-12-2012 11:48 PM

I've had one Springfield for about a year now and been happy with it but I have about 10 Rugers, some go as far back as Jr. high school and all have been flawless. Nothing bad to say about Springfield Armory but history backs Ruger for me.

StoneCat 08-13-2012 12:33 AM

Hell, Ruger is the undisputed king of the single action in my book. And personally there's no better .22s than the 10/22 and MKIII.

Springfield is fantastic. Their 1911's are well worth the money, the XD(m) series is flawless, and my favorite rifle by far is my Socom.

If there were two companies I'd swear by its those two. But I must admit I'd never own a double action sixgun that wasn't a Smith & Wesson, I love my dept issued M&P40, and I bet my life on my Glock and my Kimber.

Olympus 08-13-2012 01:14 AM

I think Ruger gives the most bang for your buck in terms of reliability and durability. But you are really trying to compare apples to oranges.

Springfield Trophy Match and TRP 1911s will blow anything Ruger builds out of the water in terms of quality and likely accuracy too. But Ruger doesn't offer a model made to the same standards as those two Springers. So it's not really a fair comparison.

tiberius10721 08-13-2012 02:19 AM

For the money Ruger gp 100 chambered in 357 magnum.

ineverFTF 08-13-2012 04:54 AM

Is there a question here? I just see the word ruger.

RustyShackleford101 08-14-2012 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammeee86
Which do you prefer? I work in a gun department and want to know what's your fave handgun and why?? :)

I've never been particular to one brand. I love both! I wouldn't want a 20 oz, mini 1911 that kicks like a mule for CCW, I prefer something like the lc9. Another example is the sr9 vs the XD series, personally, I like the XD. I don't have any favorite brands or guns.

vincent 08-14-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 901852)
I think Ruger gives the most bang for your buck in terms of reliability and durability. But you are really trying to compare apples to oranges.

Springfield Trophy Match and TRP 1911s will blow anything Ruger builds out of the water in terms of quality and likely accuracy too. But Ruger doesn't offer a model made to the same standards as those two Springers. So it's not really a fair comparison.

Ding Ding Ding...Olympus is in for the win...:cool:

Stop by the intro thread Sammeee, when you can, and say hi...:D

ineverFTF 08-14-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus

Alright then. A friendly wager. Come on down and shoot against my grandpa with his 44 super redhawk at 80 yards and we will see who is more accurate. :p

pioneer461 08-14-2012 05:30 PM

Can't really say. I own two Springfield pistols and two Ruger rifles, so there is no way to compare. Springfields are 1911 and XD, both of which are well made reliable guns. Ditto for the Rugers; Mini-14 and 10/22. No point in keeping guns I don't like.

So you work in a gun department? Tell us more. :cool: