Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ruger service

just wanted to share my awesome ruger service experience with yall.i have owned my stainless ruger gp 100 since 92 my buddie and i used to go to the range every weekend for 3yrs and shoot 200 rounds at a time all box magnum loads that equals to i would assume thousands of rounds.so my last trip to the range with old faithful was not pleasant for my benchmate as it seemed to be spraying a little powder.so i emailed ruger and asked if it would be under warranty assuming the worst(me paying).so i send it on monday to the factory i get a call thursday saying its done and onits way home and i recieve it friday.i could not believe my eyes i had to check the serial number as i thought they sent me a new gun it was that dramatic of a change.in five days they had put a whole new crane assembly,recoil plate,internal timing components,brand new adj sights front and rear,complete dissasembly, clean,lube,set barrel gap,and polished all surface dings and scratches wow....all free of charge i dont think ill ever buy anything but ruger ever that is awesome customer service RUGER ROCKS

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

That is definately one advantage of buying a gun new and when a company backs up their words with actions is outstanding.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #3

Ruger is a stand up company. Always have been. That is why they have lasted as long as they have and will be around for decades to come.

Old 10-09-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6158 Times on 3734 Posts
Likes Given: 7033

That's good to know. I have a stainless Ruger GP100, too. Mine is very new, only a couple months old or so. I hope to have this gun in the family for generations. I've heard nothing but good things about Ruger customer service.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 433 Times on 233 Posts

I have never had a bad experience with Ruger CS. They have always been great to deal with.
One of the best companies to deal with.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My CS experience has been fair. My experience with their quality control coming out of the factory has been poor. Such is life.

Wer anderen etwas vorgedacht, wird jahrelang nur ausgelacht.
Begreift man die Entdeckung endlich, so nennt sie jeder selbstverständlich.
-- Wilhelm Busch

Old 10-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had to order left handed grips for my Mark III because there was no way to shoot it with the right handed ones that were on there. I talked to their customer service in Arizona, there were awesome and the guy even called me to say he'd gotten mine and they shipped the ones I needed out the same day. They have a lifetime warranty, but then Ruger makes one heck of a gun. I have emailed their marketing department several times about them getting me all excited having the LCP in raspberry but that is the only gun it comes in. I think they at least need to make the SR9c in something other than black. But they responded to my emails in less than a day and usually that day.