Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Ruger P95....Old model, Awesome gun (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ruger-p95-old-model-awesome-gun-33727/)

Pjj342 10-29-2010 04:48 PM

Ruger P95....Old model, Awesome gun

I bought my ruger P95 almost 9 months ago. It had some FTE problems within the first 400 rds. After that it hasnt malfunctioned at all. My wife and I have put about 4500 rds thru it and it is the most reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot handgun ive ever had experience with. Why dont I ever hear anyone talk about this gun? Yea, its a cheap old model, but is there anyone out there who loves theirs as much as i love mine?

NGIB 10-29-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pjj342 (Post 376834)
I bought my ruger P95 almost 9 months ago. It had some FTE problems within the first 400 rds. After that it hasnt malfunctioned at all. My wife and I have put about 4500 rds thru it and it is the most reliable, accurate, and easy to shoot handgun ive ever had experience with. Why dont I ever hear anyone talk about this gun? Yea, its a cheap old model, but is there anyone out there who loves theirs as much as i love mine?

A lot of us started with one of these solid basic shooters and moved on to other things. I had a P89 for years but eventually sold it to get something I wanted more...

Pjj342 10-30-2010 01:52 AM

I may be that way someday too. Im just startin my collection. Was lookin to trade it in for a newer model and was told I wouldnt get but $150-$200. I think ill keep it for now.

Corduroy 11-04-2010 10:07 PM

I bought one about 8 months ago and I love it. It'll feed anything.

ninjatoth 11-04-2010 10:37 PM

It's big and a little hard to conceal-but it's largness with the big parts is what makes it great same way the AK-47's large parts make it so reliable.I had a few problems with failure to extract jams when I first got mine,but I figured out that it was just a build up of gunk in the gun along with the extractor rod not being right,I cleaned the heck out of the gun with solvent and bent the extractor arm inward about 2mm and it has never jammed or misfired in any way since.Its really a great gun for the money.

Rick1967 11-05-2010 01:27 AM

I have had mine for a while now. Great gun. I would buy it again. I sold an old P90. I wish I still had it. Isn't that how it usually goes though?

WDB 11-07-2010 12:08 AM

I've owned several of the Ruger P series, still own a couple including a P95. I like the metal frame models better but that is a personal preferance. Over all a well build pistol, easy to operate and maintain. Besides being a good semi auto pistol to start with they are truly fun to shoot at the range.

Corduroy 11-07-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatoth (Post 380632)
It's big and a little hard to conceal-but it's largness with the big parts is what makes it great same way the AK-47's large parts make it so reliable.I had a few problems with failure to extract jams when I first got mine,but I figured out that it was just a build up of gunk in the gun along with the extractor rod not being right,I cleaned the heck out of the gun with solvent and bent the extractor arm inward about 2mm and it has never jammed or misfired in any way since.Its really a great gun for the money.

Probably the only complaint I would have is the weight and bulkiness of it, but that's a small complaint. I have had only one jam on mine due to some build-up, but I always clean the hell out of it now.