Ruger P95
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger P95

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Ruger P95

Well. It's been interesting in the world of pistols for me lately. Earlier today I noticed that the feed ramp on my Glock 21 was cracked (WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!).

First it was my RIA 1911, then my Glock 21 that failed on an epic scale for me. The Glock is no more, and in it's place I now have a brand new Ruger P95.

I finally said "F*&K IT!!", and went and bought something made in the USA like I should've all along.

I can say that my day is much better now, though. I may not have a .45 in my inventory anymore, but that doesn't concern me much. The Ruger P95 is a mean looking piece. Everything is beefy about this gun, and I like that. I am seriously thinking about getting more Ruger products like the SR9, the P345, and the LCP .380 ACP. These guys seem to have some really quality pistols on the market right now, and their warranty and customer service is great.

Now I have another reason to go back to the range soon (gotta break in another pistol...lol).

P.S. I know that I could've had the Glock fixed, but I am picky about quality, and if something breaks like the Glock and RIA did, then the product is a NO GO, and will never have me as a customer again. That's just the way I'm wired, I guess....lol.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #2

Wow. Are you opening coconuts with your weapons? That really sucks. I hope that this one wont fail you.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud in "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis"

"My dear boy, I love hearing my relations abused. It is the only thing that makes me put up with them at all. Relations are simply a tedious pack of people, who haven’t got the remotest knowledge of how to live, nor the smallest instinct about when to die."

Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have been very happy with my P345. It ain't fancy, but it'll punch a nice hole in one's body.

p345a.jpg  

Old 02-26-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a Ruger P95 in 9mm, a P94 in 40 cal and a P93 in 9mm. I like the P93 the best. I don't carry any of them as the size is good it is the same as the S&W M&P 45 I do carry. They are good pistols and I enjoy shooting them. For the price I would carry any of them and know they will get the job done.

Old 02-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #5

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Sorry to hear that about you RIA, but congratulations about your P95, I had the chance of play with one in Bass Pro Shops in Ft. Lauderdale and I like it... has the right size and I like the grip.... good for you!

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 AM   #6

I just inherited a P95DC. So far I like the size and grip and it's fairly straight forward to do a field strip.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I am really liking the look and feel of the P95. I will be taking it to the range Sunday morning. I plan on taking my digital camera with me, and I'll be doing some in-depth testing so I can post up my first "professional" style range report.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:59 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
I am really liking the look and feel of the P95. I will be taking it to the range Sunday morning. I plan on taking my digital camera with me, and I'll be doing some in-depth testing so I can post up my first "professional" style range report.
Sgt,
Look forward to the range report and the pics. My P95 doesn't have a equipment rail and it seems yours does. Thats a big plus for home use, you can put a light/laser combo on there and be ready for anything! By the way if you loom at geting a shopulder rig for it check out Cabella's (bet I spelt that wrong) I got a nice leather rig for under $70 with a double mag pouch.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

how do its internals compare with the glocks as far as simplicity and ease of field stripping go? i have a ruger .22/45 and i feel like that thing is waaay more complicated and annoying to field strip than it needs to be. it almost seems like its over engineered considering that other guns are more reliable (the 22/45 jams every once in a while) and easier to clean and strip. is P95 as simple as the glock or is it more complicated?

I didn't even look at the P95 when I made my latest purchase because im not that happy with my 22/45

Old 02-28-2009, 07:53 AM   #10

It's this easy.