Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Ruger P95 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/ruger-p95-11284/)

SGT-MILLER 02-26-2009 12:45 AM

Ruger P95

Well. It's been interesting in the world of pistols for me lately. Earlier today I noticed that the feed ramp on my Glock 21 was cracked (WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!).

First it was my RIA 1911, then my Glock 21 that failed on an epic scale for me. The Glock is no more, and in it's place I now have a brand new Ruger P95.

I finally said "F*&K IT!!", and went and bought something made in the USA like I should've all along.

I can say that my day is much better now, though. I may not have a .45 in my inventory anymore, but that doesn't concern me much. The Ruger P95 is a mean looking piece. Everything is beefy about this gun, and I like that. I am seriously thinking about getting more Ruger products like the SR9, the P345, and the LCP .380 ACP. These guys seem to have some really quality pistols on the market right now, and their warranty and customer service is great.

Now I have another reason to go back to the range soon (gotta break in another pistol...lol).

P.S. I know that I could've had the Glock fixed, but I am picky about quality, and if something breaks like the Glock and RIA did, then the product is a NO GO, and will never have me as a customer again. That's just the way I'm wired, I guess....lol.

http://www.impactguns.com/store/medi...uger_18161.jpg

McNabb11b 02-26-2009 01:33 AM

Wow. Are you opening coconuts with your weapons? ;) That really sucks. I hope that this one wont fail you.

Mark F 02-26-2009 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been very happy with my P345. It ain't fancy, but it'll punch a nice hole in one's body.

WDB 02-26-2009 01:43 AM

I have a Ruger P95 in 9mm, a P94 in 40 cal and a P93 in 9mm. I like the P93 the best. I don't carry any of them as the size is good it is the same as the S&W M&P 45 I do carry. They are good pistols and I enjoy shooting them. For the price I would carry any of them and know they will get the job done.

AsmelEduardo 02-26-2009 04:21 PM

Sorry to hear that about you RIA, but congratulations about your P95, I had the chance of play with one in Bass Pro Shops in Ft. Lauderdale and I like it... has the right size and I like the grip.... good for you! :D

Jaydub7911 02-27-2009 11:42 PM

I just inherited a P95DC. So far I like the size and grip and it's fairly straight forward to do a field strip.

SGT-MILLER 02-27-2009 11:46 PM

I am really liking the look and feel of the P95. I will be taking it to the range Sunday morning. I plan on taking my digital camera with me, and I'll be doing some in-depth testing so I can post up my first "professional" style range report.

WDB 02-28-2009 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER (Post 76065)
I am really liking the look and feel of the P95. I will be taking it to the range Sunday morning. I plan on taking my digital camera with me, and I'll be doing some in-depth testing so I can post up my first "professional" style range report.

Sgt,
Look forward to the range report and the pics. My P95 doesn't have a equipment rail and it seems yours does. Thats a big plus for home use, you can put a light/laser combo on there and be ready for anything! By the way if you loom at geting a shopulder rig for it check out Cabella's (bet I spelt that wrong) I got a nice leather rig for under $70 with a double mag pouch.

roosterjuicer 02-28-2009 03:09 AM

how do its internals compare with the glocks as far as simplicity and ease of field stripping go? i have a ruger .22/45 and i feel like that thing is waaay more complicated and annoying to field strip than it needs to be. it almost seems like its over engineered considering that other guns are more reliable (the 22/45 jams every once in a while) and easier to clean and strip. is P95 as simple as the glock or is it more complicated?

I didn't even look at the P95 when I made my latest purchase because im not that happy with my 22/45

Jaydub7911 02-28-2009 06:53 AM

It's this easy.