Ruger p89 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ruger p89

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I definitely would not shoot that gun with that barrel. If was working and then quit because of a bulge on the outside of the barrel, it had to bulge while shooting. And if was bulged on the outside from shooting, it had to bulge out from the inside also. That indicates a weak spot in the barrel. And his grinding away metal had to weaken it even further.

I think Ruger will do you right. I have only had one dealing with Ruger customer service. I lost a screw to one of my Blackhawks. They sent me a replacement at no charge.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win73
I definitely would not shoot that gun with that barrel. If was working and then quit because of a bulge on the outside of the barrel, it had to bulge while shooting. And if was bulged on the outside from shooting, it had to bulge out from the inside also. That indicates a weak spot in the barrel. And his grinding away metal had to weaken it even further.

I think Ruger will do you right. I have only had one dealing with Ruger customer service. I lost a screw to one of my Blackhawks. They sent me a replacement at no charge.
The inside the barrel was fine. That's what's so odd.

Also I put it in the mail via ups yesterday ($40) so it is on the way.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:17 AM   #13

So I just called ruger to check the status of my gun. The guy on the phone said it was in the "process" of being repaired.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3148 Posts
Likes Given: 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt_tater View Post
The inside the barrel was fine. That's what's so odd.

Also I put it in the mail via ups yesterday ($40) so it is on the way.
you prolly wouldnt be able to really tell just looking down the bore. but removing the bulge by turning in a lathe definately weakened it.

ruger definately has good service. called em about the barrel band shooting off my 44 carbine semi auto they offered to replace the gun with a bolt gun. all i wanted was to buy a barrel band. i kept my carbine

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #15

I would just like to say that this dealing with ruger has been the worst experience ever. It has been almost a month and they just now sent me a price estimate of $95. I called and they said it was a round induced bulge. They also said that since the gunsmith lathed it down it also voided the warranty (even though they told me it was perfectly fin originally).