ruger p89
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > ruger p89

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default ruger p89

i have a ruger p89 and enjoy to take it to the range, i was wondering what other peoples opinion of it is

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2867 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Use the search function and use the "P89".

By the way, welcome to the FTF

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #3

I have one. Love it.Built like a tank and fires anything i feed it. Its one of the guns that i own that i will never get rid of. No problems with it at all.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

A buddy of mine has one and really likes it. I like it, but i don't just love the feel of the plastics on the frame. He does have a 30 round magazine that is quite fun at the range/dirt pit.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #5

ThaT'S a nice is it yours? I hate what ruger do but this one look nice!

Old 10-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #6

Default ruger

you know ruger make gun built like a tank its true but the mecanism of it suck ! When i make the disassembly i realize its too complicated for nothing>!

Old 10-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #7

I love my p89 i don't have problems with assembly or reassembly. Everybody won't like everything.But i love mine.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #8

I own the predecessor ( P85) to the P89. I also own the P89 because when I found out that Ruger was no longer making the P89 , I RAN to the store to buy one. I like my P85 so well and have owned it for sooooo many years that should it ever break , I figure I now have a viable replacement ! I have never fired the P89 because I want it to last forever ! The two guns have very minor differences and I think so much of the P85 that until that dreaded day when it finally does break, the new P89 will have a place of honor in my gun safe with the anticipation of having access to such a wonderful firearm for the remainder of my lifetime !
...Do I like the P85-------undubitably ! Bill Ruger knew how to make a firearm--not so sure about his replacement crew !
...Don't worry about other peoples opinion of your Ruger. I own one of most every handgun ever made and I believe that I have related to you my feelings towards the Ruger P85 (P89)........Enjoy yours !

Old 10-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #9

i do love mine i just picked up a sig p220 its fun to shoot but the ruger takes the cake in my opinion

Old 10-08-2010, 04:18 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a P94 that was the first gun I ever bought for myself. It has been a faithful companion for over 12 years without ever, and I do mean ever, giving me a problem. It has countless thousands of rounds down the pipe and is a reliable today as it was the day it was made.

And Ralphhster, you may be waiting a very long time indeed to fire that "new" P89.

justdon, you've already done the only P-series mod needed, a set of Hogue grips. They totally transformed my P94 compared to the factory plastic panel grips.

I'm a bit of a Ruger fan in case it's not obvious.